Water in hydraulics L783

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

shorton

Hi folks, Last year after purchasing my L783, I replaced all 20-something gallons of hydraulic fluid, changed filters, etc. Now, I've got water in the system again. Changing the filters reveals milky stuff. Running it for awhile shows the fluid milky. If I let it sit for a while, I guess the water separates out and goes to the bottom of the reservoir. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the water out without changing the oil again? Some specific questions: 1. Someone mentioned to me that there is a spin-on type water absorbent filter I can put on the system that can take small amounts of water out a little at a time. Anyone know about this? 2. Same person told me he thought there were some replacement vent caps for the tanks that would fit more snug/lock on and perhaps have some desiccant that would absorb moisture. Anyone know about this? 3. I'm in North Texas near Dallas. Anyone know of a service where they come to my place and pump and filter out the water in my system? So, I don't have to change it again... thanks, Stephen

Tazza

Staff member
The filters will only remove small amounts as you know, if your oil is white you have more than a little oil in there sorry! You really need to dump it to get it out, and you will need to do it a few times. Any ideas on how its getting in there?
I don't know of people that could remove the water on-site, but sounds interesting. The only fear I'd have is has the oil started to break down? that would be my greatest fear. Before you change the oil or whatever you decide on, I'd find the source of the water! or you will be doing it all over again.