Water in Hydraulic Oil

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
N

Napper2

Your tilt going down after sitting some time is probably your tilt cylinders by passing at the piston inside the cylinder or leaking oil at the wiper sleeve on the rod.I say this as I purchased a Bobcat T300 this fall, 4,000 hrs., & noticed when it was parked for a week or two that the tilt would slowly go down. The machine didn't have any noticeable leaks sitting outside & around the cylinders was just a 'misting' of oil, just enough to catch the dust....nothing unusual.
Well this winter we've had a lot of snow & some cold temps in west central Alberta so I thought I would park the machine in my warm shop. That's when I discovered the leaks on my cement floor. Oil spots on my floor drives me NUTZ! Mostly from the rod wiper seals. I am currently just finishing up putting all seals in all four cylinders together & installing. Also will make a few new bushings & new joint pins for all connections. Before I fire up the machine I'm going to suck the oil out of the hydraulic tank & clean anything at the bottom, then change filters & add fresh oil. I have filtering systems as mentioned above & may run the used oil through them before judging whether to use the used oil again.
Thanks for the information. No significant leaks like yours but thought it was strange to have enough pressure when not running to push whole machine up onto its back end.

Something else to work on after correcting major water in oil problem.

Maybe time to shell out $80,000 for a brand new Mustang! A person can always dream!

Wayne440

...thought it was strange to have enough pressure when not running to push whole machine up onto its back end...
It might not take much. Some machines will tip on to the back wheels with light hand pressure if the bucket is removed.

Scott Gillis

Thanks again. I would be very surprised if someone else has running 545. I haven't been able to find one yet! Been looking for 2 years.
We have a running 545. But it quit steering and finally won't move at all. So we check the hydraulic pump and they were fine. But the brake shaft on the passenger side where the shaft goes into were all ate up and have been trying to find a new or used shaft , with no luck at all. If you have any info or connections feel free to email me at [email protected]

Latest posts