Water in fuel and Wiper arm problems 743b

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RobPg1967

Ive got my 743b set up with the 8ft. fisher plow and its worked flawless all winter - until now. 1. After plowing for 9 hrs - I was pushing back some piles of snow and when under a slight strain - the engine would die out - unless I stopped all movement then it would idle back up to high. One time , when I wasnt even moving , it idled all the way down to a stall - but then started right up again. I parked the loader since I was done with my work. My first guess is water in the fuel - the temperature was very very cold prior to plowing that day and then the temp went way up above freezing at the time of these symptoms. I added some diesel additive and filled the tank - when I start it tomorrow maybe that will do the trick. 2. The front door on this loader has a factory wiper setup. The wiper arm somehow popped off the grooved post and for the life of me I cant figured out how the arm stays on. I tried sliding the wiper arm (which has female grooves)back onto the post (male grooves ) but there are no clips or anything to keep it from slipping off- did I lose some parts ?? Hey any help and/or suggestions is always appreciated - you guys really know your Bobcats.

As Far as the Engine Problem it sounds Like you started to gel. Diesel gels at 23 for #2 Diesel. If so you need to replace the filter because Gelling is a wax build up normaly in the filter and does not return to Liquid. Next time use #1 Diesel. But it could be just water and Again replace Filter or it will continue. As far as the other question I can't help you with that. I have a Mustang from the 70's and they don't have or even thought about cabs back then --- "Roughneck Skidsteer" when its -20 below and your pushing snow in the wind.

SnowCat

Sounds like it a fuel problem to me change your filters and if you can get the machine in a warm place for a day them see what happens. we do alot of winter work and i have been out their more times then i want to remember with a hair dryer thawing things out. As for the windshield wiper i use to have a few 743 back in the day and they were the best most simple machines todays r all headaches with computers and electroniocs cpar but anyways i think i remember their was aclip or something that held it on the door and if ya lost or it came off you had to get a new clip.

OP
OP
RobPg1967

RobPg1967

Sounds like it a fuel problem to me change your filters and if you can get the machine in a warm place for a day them see what happens. we do alot of winter work and i have been out their more times then i want to remember with a hair dryer thawing things out. As for the windshield wiper i use to have a few 743 back in the day and they were the best most simple machines todays r all headaches with computers and electroniocs cpar but anyways i think i remember their was aclip or something that held it on the door and if ya lost or it came off you had to get a new clip.
I disconnected the fuel suction line from the tank ... popped the grommet and the existing line in the tank fell off or had corroded , not really sure since nothing was connected to the elbow. Replaced the internal line in the tank - and a new filter - pumped the primer bulb till the bowl was full and she fired right up. I drilled and tapped a threaded hole through my wiper arm into the wiper motor stud and attached it w/a screw. Looks like Im good to go... for now.Thanks once again - you ALL know your stuff on here.

Latest posts