V2203 di

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

watts8010

Hello All, have bought a case 1838 powered by Kubota v2203di. Machine has a few problems, the worst being not being able to control revs on start up, engine just runs flat out, any ideas? jw

Tazza

Staff member
It sounds like you have an issue with the govenor, its possible you have a broken spring.....
Does it only do this at startup?

OP
OP
W

watts8010

It sounds like you have an issue with the govenor, its possible you have a broken spring.....
Does it only do this at startup?
Thanks Tazza, yep only on start up at the moment, have to get through this issue so I can find the others and see what elese happens JW

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks Tazza, yep only on start up at the moment, have to get through this issue so I can find the others and see what elese happens JW
I know when i was building up a V1702, when i ran it on the bench it would roar when started but then throttle back pretty fast. It sounds like your govenor may be sticky some how, not letting it throttle back as fast as it should.

OP
OP
W

watts8010

I know when i was building up a V1702, when i ran it on the bench it would roar when started but then throttle back pretty fast. It sounds like your govenor may be sticky some how, not letting it throttle back as fast as it should.
This isnt backing off at all she just goes full noise, father in law had to bury her in dirt to stall it jw

Tazza

Staff member
This isnt backing off at all she just goes full noise, father in law had to bury her in dirt to stall it jw
Has anyone had the injector pump out?
If it was not installed in the correct way, it will run flat out. There is a notch on the rack that must be inserted into like a cradle of the govenor arm. If its not, it will be giving maximum fuel and will not shut off with the fuel shut off solenoid.
From what you are talking about, i suspect this may be where your problem is, that or the rack is stuck so its running flat out.
The fuel pump uses a rack that as you move it from side to side it changes the amount of fuel delivered to each injector. All the way to the left = no fuel, and it will shut down, all the way to the right = maximum fuel. If this is stuck or not hooked on to the cradle like piece it will run flat out.
Does that make any sense?

OP
OP
W

watts8010

Has anyone had the injector pump out?
If it was not installed in the correct way, it will run flat out. There is a notch on the rack that must be inserted into like a cradle of the govenor arm. If its not, it will be giving maximum fuel and will not shut off with the fuel shut off solenoid.
From what you are talking about, i suspect this may be where your problem is, that or the rack is stuck so its running flat out.
The fuel pump uses a rack that as you move it from side to side it changes the amount of fuel delivered to each injector. All the way to the left = no fuel, and it will shut down, all the way to the right = maximum fuel. If this is stuck or not hooked on to the cradle like piece it will run flat out.
Does that make any sense?
From what I have been told the pump was not taken out but a smaller primable lift pump was changed because it was not holding fuel up and unless the fuel tap was turned off all the time it needed priming, I am in Bundy the machine is in Gin Gin I will try and get out there this weekend and investigate the governers etc but I dont think they were touched? jw

Tazza

Staff member
From what I have been told the pump was not taken out but a smaller primable lift pump was changed because it was not holding fuel up and unless the fuel tap was turned off all the time it needed priming, I am in Bundy the machine is in Gin Gin I will try and get out there this weekend and investigate the governers etc but I dont think they were touched? jw
A Queenslander!
Hopefully its something simple.