using a fisher snoplow on bobcat

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sterlclan

Does any one know where to get flow reducers for the hydralic lines as a fisher cylinder wont take the pressure of the aux lines on the bobcat?

Tazza

Staff member
I was going to suggest using a relief valve, but after i thought about it, that would be a little too complex. You would need a relief vavle on both hydraulic lines and then you will need a vavle to allow the oil to by-pass when you reach your pressure..... It may be easier and cheaper to get another ram for it with a higher pressure rating. As long as the hoses are rated at the correct pressure.
I wish you luck!

skidsteer.ca

I was going to suggest using a relief valve, but after i thought about it, that would be a little too complex. You would need a relief vavle on both hydraulic lines and then you will need a vavle to allow the oil to by-pass when you reach your pressure..... It may be easier and cheaper to get another ram for it with a higher pressure rating. As long as the hoses are rated at the correct pressure.
I wish you luck!
Does fisher use 2 single acting cylinders, like meyers? If so you can just ad a relief valve somewhere on the plow between the hydralic hoses. if it angles to fast (which I found with my meyers blade) just ad a needle valve in each hose and adjust the flow to your taste. Both are available from surpluscenter.com a 1/4" npt needle valve can be had for $20 each. I was told my meyers plow was good to 3500 psi, so i never worried about the psi, but i did put in flow restrictor needles valves because it angled way to fast if the engine was above an idle. Ken

OP
OP
sterlclan

sterlclan

Does fisher use 2 single acting cylinders, like meyers? If so you can just ad a relief valve somewhere on the plow between the hydralic hoses. if it angles to fast (which I found with my meyers blade) just ad a needle valve in each hose and adjust the flow to your taste. Both are available from surpluscenter.com a 1/4" npt needle valve can be had for $20 each. I was told my meyers plow was good to 3500 psi, so i never worried about the psi, but i did put in flow restrictor needles valves because it angled way to fast if the engine was above an idle. Ken
after getting it all set up it turns out that with the hand aux on my relic with just a little movement on the stick the plow does fine I like it to go kinda fast anyway no blown seals yet Jeff