Use RC50 for land clearing in the woods. Had an oops.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

PropWash

So all was working GREAT! I was cutting the trees into 8 foot sections, and was easily picking them up and dropping into nice piles. Was also taking all the brush and misc crap and easily moving it to other sort files for disposal later.
In 3 hours I accomplished what would take 2 of us 8-10 hours with a chainsaw and the jeep.
Unfortunately I did a boo-boo. At sone point I managed to drive over a log / rock and caught one of the hydro lines in between the chassis and the drive motor and spring a leak.
Anybody familiar with replacing driveline hydro hoses on an RC50?
Should I have my dealer do it, or should this be a fairly easy task?

Tazza

Staff member
Its a job you should be able to do, it just depends how hard it is to get to the rotten hose. If you can get it off, take it to a hydraulic shop and get them to make a new one.

skidsteer.ca

Its a job you should be able to do, it just depends how hard it is to get to the rotten hose. If you can get it off, take it to a hydraulic shop and get them to make a new one.
The hoses are some what exposed under these machines. If you can get at the ends of the hoses to undo the fittings it should be a minor repair.
Did you see the post "sorting ash veneer" in the "open discussion" forum.
Sounds like we've be up to the same tasks.
Ken

OP
OP
PropWash

PropWash

The hoses are some what exposed under these machines. If you can get at the ends of the hoses to undo the fittings it should be a minor repair.
Did you see the post "sorting ash veneer" in the "open discussion" forum.
Sounds like we've be up to the same tasks.
Ken
FIXED!
Of all the dumb luck...the hose just became loose for some reason.

skidsteer.ca

FIXED!
Of all the dumb luck...the hose just became loose for some reason.
Maybe from things grabbing and tugging on it as they are somewhat exposed on them, if its the hose I'm thinking of. However it is possible it came loose from not being tighten enough.
At least it was a easy fix, sometimes if you keep a eye open for drips you can catch those loose hoses and tighten them b4 the leak get serious.
Ken

OP
OP
PropWash

PropWash

Maybe from things grabbing and tugging on it as they are somewhat exposed on them, if its the hose I'm thinking of. However it is possible it came loose from not being tighten enough.
At least it was a easy fix, sometimes if you keep a eye open for drips you can catch those loose hoses and tighten them b4 the leak get serious.
Ken
While there are no impressive pictures here, here is my ASV in use in the back yard.
http://propwash.txf.com/images/SKidSteer1/