Turning Up Hydraulic Pump

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

callen1

I have been working in East Texas mulching in the national forest. I was working with a guy that ran a gehl loader. He told me that he can adjust his hyd flow on his loader to increase the performance. My question is does my bobcat t250 come with factory settings. Can I turn my hyd. pump up to help increase performance? Any feedback appreciated. Great to be apart of the forum.

OldMachinist

I think what he's talking about is adjusting the relief valve to increase the pressure. I wouldn't recomend adjusting it beyond the factory recomended setting. Adjusting it to a higher pressure may increase lifting capacity but you could blow out seals and or damage the pump. You should check the pressure after changing system oil or any major component service or if you believe your machine is not performing up to specification.

Tazza

Staff member
I think what he's talking about is adjusting the relief valve to increase the pressure. I wouldn't recomend adjusting it beyond the factory recomended setting. Adjusting it to a higher pressure may increase lifting capacity but you could blow out seals and or damage the pump. You should check the pressure after changing system oil or any major component service or if you believe your machine is not performing up to specification.
I have to agree here, you can get a bit more out of it with turning the relief pressure up but it will put more strain on your hydraulics. I can't see it blowing seals as most are rated for around 5,000 PSI for cylinder seals, but depending on their age and condition it is possible! I would be worried about the extra load you will be putting on the drive line to the pump and the pump its self. Then you get into the area that the extra stress it will put on your frame, possibly causing cracks....
Its up to you though, but personally i wouldn't do it.

Latest posts