toolbox

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

longhorn

Has anyone come up with a place to put a few tools in there Bobcats? I like to pack a light chain , hammer and a few other little items. (water bottle or thermos even) Theres no where to even pack a hammer.

mahans7

between the seat and the wall you can squeeze a thing or two in there. anything you put is just gonna get bounced around a lot
There was a recent post about mounting stereo speakers on baking pans cut in half on the left and right behind the seat and a small car stereo strapped to the left side wall. If you mount those pans with the opening up you could put a few tools there and you could strap a small container on the left side wall. HTH

1ofU

There was a recent post about mounting stereo speakers on baking pans cut in half on the left and right behind the seat and a small car stereo strapped to the left side wall. If you mount those pans with the opening up you could put a few tools there and you could strap a small container on the left side wall. HTH
like was posted behind the seat , i made mine out of 1/4 inch
3X4X16 with a with a hindge lid , 1/4 was really to think as i should of used 1/8
which would of been just as good . i keep wrenches to bleed out the air on the injecter
electric tape , fuses ,a 15 inch prybar i also cut down a 3/8 chain to 6 ft and have it
slipped on the top of the bucket on 2 post .
1 of U

1ofU

like was posted behind the seat , i made mine out of 1/4 inch
3X4X16 with a with a hindge lid , 1/4 was really to think as i should of used 1/8
which would of been just as good . i keep wrenches to bleed out the air on the injecter
electric tape , fuses ,a 15 inch prybar i also cut down a 3/8 chain to 6 ft and have it
slipped on the top of the bucket on 2 post .
1 of U
forgot to add for cup holder i use a 1 lb. Folger coffee containers they come in red or green and made out of a heavy plastic . works great for carring wrenches in there aswell .

reaperman

I always wished the fuse box wasnt where it is. Then some kind of toolbox could be placed between your feet on top of the chain case. I like to carry a chain with me when I'm cutting firewood and often put it in that spot. Obviously, it doesnt take long for the chain to fall under the pedals. On the T-200, bobcat had two rubber "loops" bolted on the front, outside of the machine. Directly in front of each knee of the operator. I dont know what those loops were designed for, but a grease gun slipped perfectly inside of each loop. Thats the only bobcat I have ever saw with those loops. Now to keep a grease gun on the machine I put in behind the rear window on the outside of the machine. There is a little pocket there keeping the gun from bouncing out. 3500 hours of construction use on that machine verifies the grease gun wont bounce off of that spot.

Zorack

I always wished the fuse box wasnt where it is. Then some kind of toolbox could be placed between your feet on top of the chain case. I like to carry a chain with me when I'm cutting firewood and often put it in that spot. Obviously, it doesnt take long for the chain to fall under the pedals. On the T-200, bobcat had two rubber "loops" bolted on the front, outside of the machine. Directly in front of each knee of the operator. I dont know what those loops were designed for, but a grease gun slipped perfectly inside of each loop. Thats the only bobcat I have ever saw with those loops. Now to keep a grease gun on the machine I put in behind the rear window on the outside of the machine. There is a little pocket there keeping the gun from bouncing out. 3500 hours of construction use on that machine verifies the grease gun wont bounce off of that spot.
You'd think after all this time Bobcat would have designed some room for some tools(or a thermos,etc)to be put in...

OP
OP
L

longhorn

You'd think after all this time Bobcat would have designed some room for some tools(or a thermos,etc)to be put in...
Grease gun up behind the back window on that tray. See how long it stays. Im thinking about a custom made shallow box with a lid mounted on the roof.

mahans7

Grease gun up behind the back window on that tray. See how long it stays. Im thinking about a custom made shallow box with a lid mounted on the roof.
Well you can make a huge toolbox if you use the top of the ROPS. Combined with the space behind the window you'll have quite a few tools available. Just make sure theroof mounted unit is super sturdy. Pics if you do it please.

Tazza

Staff member
Well you can make a huge toolbox if you use the top of the ROPS. Combined with the space behind the window you'll have quite a few tools available. Just make sure theroof mounted unit is super sturdy. Pics if you do it please.
Years ago i remember a machine at auction for Queensland Rail, they had a machine going up that had a piece of water pipe secured to the inside rear door and had a grease gun hung through the pipe. No excuse to not grease the machine!
Depending on what you wanted to carry, there is space on the opposite side of the battery in the engine bay. Enough for a custom tool box......