TL140 Won't start, charge light, overtemp/underpressure light both on

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hermie

Howdy folks. I've got one in the shop that is puzzling me. The machine won't start, and the charge light comes on, as well as the overtemp/oil underpressure light comes on as well. We've checked that the oil pressure is correct, we've replaced both sensors, but the lights still come on. I tried jumpering the sensor terminals to ground, but the light still comes on. Is there a common component failure that might cause these symptoms?

Also, I'm using the schematics that I got for the TL130, and this one doesn't look much different from the wiring I've seen so far. Are there notable differences? Should I spend the money to get the specific service manual for this one? Is there anywhere someone could recommend I get the manual from?

Thanks for the help folks.

Tazza

Staff member
Those lights should be on before you start, they should go out when it has started and has got oil pressure and the alternator is charging.
What happens if you try and jump it? as in a dire direct to the starter and fuel shut off solenoid?
At least then you know it does run, then you need to work out why it's not getting power, be it a bad switch or blown fuse/relay.

OP
OP
Hermie

Hermie

Those lights should be on before you start, they should go out when it has started and has got oil pressure and the alternator is charging.
What happens if you try and jump it? as in a dire direct to the starter and fuel shut off solenoid?
At least then you know it does run, then you need to work out why it's not getting power, be it a bad switch or blown fuse/relay.
Okay, some of my information was wrong. I talked to the customer and he told me about the starter disconnect that he installed to prevent it from being stolen. So when I tried again with the starter actually connected, it does start. And the battery light goes off, but the other light flashes for a few seconds and then the engine shuts down. If we pull the saftey relay fuse, the machine runs for a long time with both lights on, until the battery drains from not being charged by the alternator.

So it looks like I've got something setting off the safety relay. Any advice? Thanks for the help!

Tazza

Staff member
Okay, some of my information was wrong. I talked to the customer and he told me about the starter disconnect that he installed to prevent it from being stolen. So when I tried again with the starter actually connected, it does start. And the battery light goes off, but the other light flashes for a few seconds and then the engine shuts down. If we pull the saftey relay fuse, the machine runs for a long time with both lights on, until the battery drains from not being charged by the alternator.

So it looks like I've got something setting off the safety relay. Any advice? Thanks for the help!
Does the pressure light go out? If the sender is bad, or oil pressure is low, it could be the computer shutting you down to prevent possible pump damage.