TIRE PRESSURE....?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

lad1631

just bought a fresh set of tires had been getting stuck in the back yard so i lowered them down to 20 psi, however i poped the beed off the tire from the rim. they told me i need to have these things pumped to max psi, however i find im getting no traction in the sand and deep mud. debating on a track loader now. any sug...

Tazza

Staff member
I usually run about 30-35 PSI. But thats my not working on concrete or bitumen.

OP
OP
L

lad1631

I usually run about 30-35 PSI. But thats my not working on concrete or bitumen.
out here in long island new york its nothing but hills and sand tires doent cut it. iv been stuck 6 times already been using and chain wraped around a tree to yank myself out. iv never driven one on tracks before they must be alot better?

skidsteer.ca

out here in long island new york its nothing but hills and sand tires doent cut it. iv been stuck 6 times already been using and chain wraped around a tree to yank myself out. iv never driven one on tracks before they must be alot better?
You need tracks if you want to run in sand. New tread won't help much, Ott steel or rubber tracks or step up to a VTS or dedicated track loader if you have the budget,
Over The Tire tracks are available for $700 to $3500 depending on brand and type and offer a vary significant improvement over tires.
A Logeuring VTS is about 12k, you replace your wheels and tires with a track frame to make your machine a dedicated track loader or for 40k plus you can have a CTL, offers the next significant leap forward.
Ken

OP
OP
L

lad1631

You need tracks if you want to run in sand. New tread won't help much, Ott steel or rubber tracks or step up to a VTS or dedicated track loader if you have the budget,
Over The Tire tracks are available for $700 to $3500 depending on brand and type and offer a vary significant improvement over tires.
A Logeuring VTS is about 12k, you replace your wheels and tires with a track frame to make your machine a dedicated track loader or for 40k plus you can have a CTL, offers the next significant leap forward.
Ken
do the track loaders wear out fast on asphalt or about the same as wheel loaders on hard surfaces

skidsteer.ca

do the track loaders wear out fast on asphalt or about the same as wheel loaders on hard surfaces
Asphalt is vary hard on either machine type. Most track machine owners agree that a dedicated track machine cost about $10 per hour more (some say $15) to operate because of undercariage wear. Tracks, rollers, idlers and sprockets are all wear parts.
Of course it depends on how many tight turns you need to make to carry out you work. I only have experience with tires on asphalt, but the wear rate is 2 to 3 time that of dirt imo.
Ken

OP
OP
L

lad1631

Asphalt is vary hard on either machine type. Most track machine owners agree that a dedicated track machine cost about $10 per hour more (some say $15) to operate because of undercariage wear. Tracks, rollers, idlers and sprockets are all wear parts.
Of course it depends on how many tight turns you need to make to carry out you work. I only have experience with tires on asphalt, but the wear rate is 2 to 3 time that of dirt imo.
Ken
I might be looking into a steel track system. mclaren protrack diamond or 2plus steel tracks the 2 plus steel tracks look good and cost slightly less. any opinions on either brands. wich one give you better traction im not worry about ripping up the ground .