Tire choices

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

JLDBobcat

I have a Bobcat S650 with stock 12x16.5 rims. I'm looking for some advice on what tires to put on it. I run in farm fields that are very sandy and live in an area that is nicknamed Golden Sand's because of the sand soil conditions being excellent for potatoes. I run my machine for typical everyday use and snow plowing. There are a ton of choices now when it comes to skid steer tires compared to a few years ago and that gets confusing. I don't need anything for hard surface wear. What lug pattern do I need? Should I go radial or bias? Thank you

SkidRoe

What have you been running for tires? Are you happy with them? Is there something that they do not do well?
How sandy is your soil? I am assuming that it is not like beach sand. (I have operated my machine on a beach before, aggressive tires are not your friend!!)
You mention snow. Have you considered putting chains on for winter operation? My dad does that with his 773, and the performance improvement has been quite noticeable.
Probably more questions than answers - SR

OP
OP
J

JLDBobcat

What have you been running for tires? Are you happy with them? Is there something that they do not do well?
How sandy is your soil? I am assuming that it is not like beach sand. (I have operated my machine on a beach before, aggressive tires are not your friend!!)
You mention snow. Have you considered putting chains on for winter operation? My dad does that with his 773, and the performance improvement has been quite noticeable.
Probably more questions than answers - SR
Thank you for the reply. It's farm field sand so not as bad as beach sand. I'm looking at the Galaxy Muddy Buddy tire. Does any one have any experience with them? I have thought about a super float type of tire but that wont work for plowing snow. The other thing that I thought of would be over the tire tracks but they are very expensive.

farmshop

Thank you for the reply. It's farm field sand so not as bad as beach sand. I'm looking at the Galaxy Muddy Buddy tire. Does any one have any experience with them? I have thought about a super float type of tire but that wont work for plowing snow. The other thing that I thought of would be over the tire tracks but they are very expensive.
We run galaxy beefy baby tires. Good wear and traction. I have looked at the muddy buddy tires. If you want traction they should work well