Thomas T133 purchase?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bahmi

A good unit is available in my area, but I'm concerned about the small number of these units around. I can imagine parts would be nearly impossible to get. Is this unit a solid one, dependable, but is the parts situation perilous? thanks Mike

Coldheart

Mike, if you can tell me where you are located I can see if a dealer is located near you. There are a lot of 133,s out there right now. Parts are readily available. Can you send me your serial number?

OP
OP
B

bahmi

Mike, if you can tell me where you are located I can see if a dealer is located near you. There are a lot of 133,s out there right now. Parts are readily available. Can you send me your serial number?
I am still dickering on the T133 purchase. I must tell you that some of my skidsteer friends are telling me to stay away from "lesser makes" because of parts availability questions, which may or may not be true at all. I've got a nice 133 lined up locally, one that had a proud owner who kept track of things, kept it working well, put on new tires, has all manuals, etc. But, my buddies keep telling me about parts problems. For the price here, well, I think it's a swell idea to buy this unit. In this light, would you still OK me to buy this unit as far as my ability to buy parts is concerned? Thanks again, Mike

OP
OP
B

bahmi

Oh, by the way, I am in central Connecticut. I cannot seem to locate in Google any Thomas dealers. I thought they were out of business...thanks again, Mike

Tazza

Staff member
Oh, by the way, I am in central Connecticut. I cannot seem to locate in Google any Thomas dealers. I thought they were out of business...thanks again, Mike
Thomas did have a problem earlier but they are now back. I don't know if they use their own hydraulics or if they use generic pumps and motors. If they are generic like vickers/eaton you can't go wrong as parts will be available easily. Same with the engines, if its a common engine you won't have issues either.

Thomastech

Thomas did have a problem earlier but they are now back. I don't know if they use their own hydraulics or if they use generic pumps and motors. If they are generic like vickers/eaton you can't go wrong as parts will be available easily. Same with the engines, if its a common engine you won't have issues either.
You are right, Thomas is back, and better than ever. Parts are more readily availible, and due to the restructuring of the company, orders move a lot smoother.

AlphaBob

You are right, Thomas is back, and better than ever. Parts are more readily availible, and due to the restructuring of the company, orders move a lot smoother.
Bahmi - did you ever purchase the T133? I bought a T133 in the fall, haven't had any problem ordering parts and love the machine. Very simple, basic machine which was exactly what I was looking to purchase.