Thomas 153 question? Please Help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

switchauth

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to skid steers and had a few questions. I recently bought a Thomas 153 skid steer at an auction and needed to order a couple simple parts but am having a hard time finding them. I heard a little about the company going bankrupt but then I heard the company sold to someone else. Does anyone know about this or where I can get parts? I feel like a got a pretty decent deal for an 03 with about 1500hr for under $6500; but not if I can't work on it. I would also like to repaint some of it but I don't know what the exact colors are. If anyone has any info about these machines or where I can find parts or a manual, that would be great. Thanks for any help!

Tazza

Staff member
You should be able to find a thomas dealer near you. They should still be able to help with parts and service. Start hunting through the yellow pages and see what you find.
The company did get sold then go into chapter 11 then it was bought back. Depending on the parts required you can sometimes get them elsewhere rather from the dealer. I did hear part suply is a little slow at the moment but they are available.

OP
OP
S

switchauth

You should be able to find a thomas dealer near you. They should still be able to help with parts and service. Start hunting through the yellow pages and see what you find.
The company did get sold then go into chapter 11 then it was bought back. Depending on the parts required you can sometimes get them elsewhere rather from the dealer. I did hear part suply is a little slow at the moment but they are available.
Thank you for your input. I am going to defiantly keep searching. I had one last question, does anyone know what the "S" stands for after the model number.?For example: mine is a 153 S, and other ones are a 153. Thanks!

kroog

Go to www.thomasloaders.com. They have a dealer directory. Thomas built some skid steers for Hyundai like the T320.

Thomastech

Go to www.thomasloaders.com. They have a dealer directory. Thomas built some skid steers for Hyundai like the T320.
You can find parts or a dealer by calling 1-866-238-6844. Thomas is still going, even though it was rough for them for a while, they are making a major come back!

Latest posts