Thomas 133 no start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

DrEvil

I have a Thomas 133 and I have a bunch of questions. I would really appreciate some help. 1. I don't know what year the machine is, how do I figure out which engine it has? 2. I believe the no start issue was fuel related. When I cracked the lines at the injector I do not get any fuel coming out. I verified there's fuel in the tank and no plugged lines. Any ideas on where to start?

foton

Question one is resolved Kubota v1902 :)
well start at the tank and work towards the injector pump checking for fuel flow(not a dribble) , filters first and engine driven fuel pump. Once you verify fuel to injector pump then crack fuel lines to and at the injectors and purge air. I think the 1902 is around 40+ hp. fyi good luck

Tazza

Staff member
well start at the tank and work towards the injector pump checking for fuel flow(not a dribble) , filters first and engine driven fuel pump. Once you verify fuel to injector pump then crack fuel lines to and at the injectors and purge air. I think the 1902 is around 40+ hp. fyi good luck
Ensure the fuel shut off solenoid is in the right position too, if it's not right, you will get no fuel to the injectors.
Tracing the lines from the rank to the lift pump is a good idea, even install an inline hand primer if one is not fitted, then you know there is fuel. You can then use it to give a little more fuel pressure if you get someone to crank the motor while you squeeze it.

OP
OP
D

DrEvil

Ensure the fuel shut off solenoid is in the right position too, if it's not right, you will get no fuel to the injectors.
Tracing the lines from the rank to the lift pump is a good idea, even install an inline hand primer if one is not fitted, then you know there is fuel. You can then use it to give a little more fuel pressure if you get someone to crank the motor while you squeeze it.
Thanks. I have a remote fuel tank which I can pressurize to about 12psi. Bypassed the lift pump and connected straight to the injection pump. Cracked the lines at the injectors and not getting much squirting out... Anything to check on the injection pump or just replace? Also checked compression, got about 300psi in all 4 cylinders +- 10% That enough to run??

OP
OP
D

DrEvil

Thanks. I have a remote fuel tank which I can pressurize to about 12psi. Bypassed the lift pump and connected straight to the injection pump. Cracked the lines at the injectors and not getting much squirting out... Anything to check on the injection pump or just replace? Also checked compression, got about 300psi in all 4 cylinders +- 10% That enough to run??
Just to clarify when I say not getting much for your squirting out, that's while cranking the engine.

Tazza

Staff member
Just to clarify when I say not getting much for your squirting out, that's while cranking the engine.
300 PSI is a little low, low enough to still start with some glowing, but not ideal.
Now for fuel from the injectors, even with the 12psi of lift pressure does not mean you will get it coming out of the injector lines. You need to be at TDC for the fuel injection of #1 for it to leak out from memory.
Each fuel pulse really isn't much fuel from the injector. Are you getting smoke when it's spinning over? Have you tried removing the injectors and seeing if you get fuel spraying from the injectors? I have taken the smallest tube line from the injector to the pump off, spinning it around to hang out the back of the motor and put each injector on the line one by one and spinning the motor over to see what the spray pattern looks like. It should be a narrow cone.

cemiii

I'd try filling a spray bottle with diesel and have someone spray into the opened air cleaner while you crank to see if you get ignition (isolating that it is a fuel delivery problem).

I had a Case skid with only 86 hours that did this and it turned out to be a faulty high pressure fuel pump. $3500 later I was back in business.

Latest posts