The dealer says my engine is bad Takeuchi TL12 R2

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Msm2137

I have a Takeuchi TL12 R2 with 30 hours on it that one of my employees turned on its side while clearing some land with a brush deck. When he turned it over he immediately turned off the unit. I called the dealer and they sent a tow company out to turn it back over and bring it in to the shop to clean injectors and change fluids. There first question to me was " Is this and insurance claim" I told them that I didn't want to turn it into the insurance company. To just check it out. At that time they told me the engine was probably bad. (It ran on its side for less than 30 seconds) I told them to check it out anyway. The next call i had was them telling me that the engine was bad. They said that the turbo was bad and that the engine had low compression in three of the cylinders. I don't buy this and I am looking for some opinions. They are charging my insurance company $47k to replace the engine. I don't see how the engine can be bad when it didn't run for hardly any time and the engine has low pressure safety's to kill the machine and every other safety device it is equipped with. Can someone give me feed back on their opinion. This is my 3rd Takeuchi and they have all been incredible. I feel that the dealer is ripping me and my insurance company off.

bobcat743b

If you have insurance call your insurance company, they will get ahold of them and most likely from what they told you have them put a new engine in it. it wont cost you anything but your time. that really seems very hi to replace that engine.

Bswwood

Less than 30 seconds but more than 5 seconds.? Unfortunately that all it takes to get start bending rods. I would definitely take it to an independent shop for manual compression test to verify what the dealer is telling you before dropping $47k. That sounds high to me and more than likely be a total loss.

foton

Less than 30 seconds but more than 5 seconds.? Unfortunately that all it takes to get start bending rods. I would definitely take it to an independent shop for manual compression test to verify what the dealer is telling you before dropping $47k. That sounds high to me and more than likely be a total loss.
I think you definitely need a second opinion, I will say that your low hours might be a problem , everything is still tight and not well wore in yet, so there might be tight tolerances that would show now (with possible oil starvation) that would not later when broken in well. please let us know what you find out. I would ask the dealer for a price breakdown, 47 k ouch.

Latest posts