Temperature sensor

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Whitey

I have a 631 Bobcat the temperature warning light doesn't work, do I have to drain the hydraulic fluid to change it? Thanks Whitey

Tazza

Staff member
No, you will only loose a small amount of oil but in the scheme of things, its nothing.
Just use a rag to collect the oil.

OP
OP
W

Whitey

No, you will only loose a small amount of oil but in the scheme of things, its nothing.
Just use a rag to collect the oil.
Thanks for the info., I just topped it off and would hated to have to drain it all out.

OP
OP
W

Whitey

Thanks for the info., I just topped it off and would hated to have to drain it all out.
When the key is turned on is the light on the dash suppose to go on for the temp sensor, I assume it is the light on the left, the one to the right goes on the one to the left doesn't. Thanks for all the help Whitey

Tazza

Staff member
When the key is turned on is the light on the dash suppose to go on for the temp sensor, I assume it is the light on the left, the one to the right goes on the one to the left doesn't. Thanks for all the help Whitey
I think its either engine oil pressure or its a combo charge pressure/oil temp lamp.
As long as they are both off when the machine is running you are rite.

OP
OP
W

Whitey

I think its either engine oil pressure or its a combo charge pressure/oil temp lamp.
As long as they are both off when the machine is running you are rite.
Thanks for the reply, The next question is how can you test the switch to see if it is working, I would think that if you turned the key on both warning lights would light up until the motor starts

jerry

Thanks for the reply, The next question is how can you test the switch to see if it is working, I would think that if you turned the key on both warning lights would light up until the motor starts
When seated in the machine the light on the left is engine oil pressure and the one on the right is hyd pressure and high temperature according to the book. In the wiring diagram it says transmission temp so there must not be a light for engine temp. Both do light until the engine is running. My 632 did not until I replaced the temp sender, about $33 at Bobcat. When you turn the key there should be power present at the sender. If the left one does not light check at the oil pressure sender. The book is not real clear about a lot of things, the 632 has a engine temp sender and it goes to the trans light also but the diagram for the 631 does not show a engine temp sender for those s/n 4997 12999 and below. The book is about $67 and does help.

Latest posts