Takeuchi TL8, DPF, beeping

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

roamingbison

Operating my TL8 yesterday, moved a pallet of field stone, shut it down, went to lunch, came back, TL8 wouldn't start.

Battery was reading 12.5v, but nonetheless I had to jump it to be started. Once started, the exclamation warning lamp stayed lit and there was a beep every one second interval — I understand this is telling me I need to regen, but there were zero indications to regen before, so what could have caused the immediate demand for regeneration? The regen warning in the past has beeped every ten seconds and I have regened with no problem.

I called my dealer and he said he believes the DPF needs to be cleaned — but I don't understand how the DPF could have clogged by sitting for an hour.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? What could have caused this? Super confused. I'll be deleting the DPF, asap.

foton

I have no idea if this will help you out, but I just had a issue with my skid steer and I disconnected the battery , turned the key switch on and off reconnected the battery made the machine reboot itself and it corrected my non-functioning quick attach problem and alarm. good luck maybe you will get lucky.

OP
OP
roamingbison

roamingbison

I greatly appreciate the feedback. I'm going to try that before hauling it to the dealer. Fingers crossed.