T85 Attachments question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

armitagep

I've been talking to a couple of skid steer attachment suppliers up my way, looking for either a small snowblower or rototiller that could be mounted in place of the bucket. Neither needs to be wider than the 36" width of the skid steer. Everyone I've talked to says that the 8gpm rating of the T85 is just not good enough to run any of the available snow blowers and tillers. They're concerned that under load the flow rate will drop to 6gpm at which point the attachments would cease to function. So questions... Anyone succesfully running a T85 with either a snow blower or rototiller attachment, and if so, who manufactured the attachment? Anyone know if it is possible to increase the flowrate through the bucket area remotes to something like 12 gpm?

Tazza

Staff member
I'd think a tiller would still work with lower flow, but a blower may not have the speed/power to push the snow far enough out of the way.
You can usually install larger hydraulic pumps, but of course, this would require more engine HP to run. Your motor may not be up for the extra flow and being able to drive at the same time.