T300 slow travel speed.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Wyoranch

I have a 2006 T300 can air machine that is extremely slow. If I hit the little turtle thing on the left joystick that allows you to limit speed it actually speeds up quite a bit. Is there a way to change the speed in normal mode? I have a kubota Svl90-2 and the bobcat shows on paper to be faster than the kubota when it's in low speed but it's not close. Great machine but I can do 3x the work with the kubota.

OP
OP
W

Wyoranch

Is there another forum out there where maybe the bobcat section has a little more traffic? I'm sure I'm not the first one with this issue. I figured someone would have commented by now.

Bswwood

Is there another forum out there where maybe the bobcat section has a little more traffic? I'm sure I'm not the first one with this issue. I figured someone would have commented by now.
Sorry, I actually wrote up a reply to this, must not have posted. Serial #? I just guessing it's an SJC machine. Is the speed same in both forward and reverse? Does one side overtake the other? Run a drive motor calibration and see if it passes. Without a computer hooked to it's hard to know if pumps are going full stroke.

Bswwood

Sorry, I actually wrote up a reply to this, must not have posted. Serial #? I just guessing it's an SJC machine. Is the speed same in both forward and reverse? Does one side overtake the other? Run a drive motor calibration and see if it passes. Without a computer hooked to it's hard to know if pumps are going full stroke.
Also check case drain filter and check for debris

OP
OP
W

Wyoranch

Also check case drain filter and check for debris
Ill post the serial number shortly. Where can I find the procedure for everything you're saying I should do? And the machine drives really good other than that. It drives pretty straight and has plenty of power. Just slow.

flyerdan

Ill post the serial number shortly. Where can I find the procedure for everything you're saying I should do? And the machine drives really good other than that. It drives pretty straight and has plenty of power. Just slow.
Somewhere in the manual thread there is one for the T300. It's over 900 pages so it covers a lot of the electronics and troubleshooting.

farmshop

Somewhere in the manual thread there is one for the T300. It's over 900 pages so it covers a lot of the electronics and troubleshooting.
I would also check to be sure your machine has the correct drive sprockets on it. Could be someone put smaller ones on slowing it down