T250 injection pump bad governor? Its rebuilt?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RAMMAINE

I bought a rebuilt injection pump from the dealership. Is labeled 11-28-18. The timing is perfect and it's getting good fuel with new filter. Problem is that it idles rough between 1100 and 1400 up and down constantly changing. If I idle it to about 1500 it smoothes out some but not perfect. Max rpm is 2600 no load. Even at max rpm when using it you can tell it's not keeping up like it should. All of the injectors are working and all cylinders are the same temperature. I have been very thourou I think. Did I miss something? What do you think?

Tazza

Staff member
Does it have an internal govenor? If it's the external style one, it will have one, but of it's an inline style that mounts int othe engine block, the govenor will be part of the motor, not pump.
What engine are you running? Kubota have internal govenors, but you need to be careful to line all the pump parts up when installing it. Adjusting the idle speed is via i bolt that was factory covered with a cap so you don't mess with it.

OP
OP
R

RAMMAINE

Does it have an internal govenor? If it's the external style one, it will have one, but of it's an inline style that mounts int othe engine block, the govenor will be part of the motor, not pump.
What engine are you running? Kubota have internal govenors, but you need to be careful to line all the pump parts up when installing it. Adjusting the idle speed is via i bolt that was factory covered with a cap so you don't mess with it.
The governor is bolted to the end of the punp. All one unit. Pump waa rebuilt 10 of 2018. New to me. In my mind it has to be the governor but I've been wrong before

OP
OP
R

RAMMAINE

The engine is a kabota 3300 i think

The engine is a kabota 3300 i think
Sounds like governor to me. The pump is just the unit that the fuel lines go to. It's 4 nuts that hold the pump to the governor housing. You can remove it either way. Most fuel shops want just the pump. No timing involved removing just pump. Need to make sure the fuel rod is good and free. My T300 has hunt below 1200rpms too. Make sure you have return fuel, high fuel pressure can cause this.

Tazza

Staff member
Sounds like governor to me. The pump is just the unit that the fuel lines go to. It's 4 nuts that hold the pump to the governor housing. You can remove it either way. Most fuel shops want just the pump. No timing involved removing just pump. Need to make sure the fuel rod is good and free. My T300 has hunt below 1200rpms too. Make sure you have return fuel, high fuel pressure can cause this.
Good to know, i haven't paid enough attention to my S250's motor, it runs a V3300 as well, never noticed the govenor :(
The issue does sound like the govenor is sticking, pissibly from sitting since 2018, the assembly libe could have dried out.

Good to know, i haven't paid enough attention to my S250's motor, it runs a V3300 as well, never noticed the govenor :(
The issue does sound like the govenor is sticking, pissibly from sitting since 2018, the assembly libe could have dried out.
Something else, if your running taxed fuel like in autos it's ultra low sulfur and it needs added lubricant. These machines built back then wasn't designed for this new fuel.