T250 Auxiliary Hydraulics

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skemp

I have a Bobcat T250 with non working auxiliary hydraulics. The light on the upper left console comes on when the button is pressed, but the trigger nor paddle switches on the right stick do anything. I have had the machine for a few months but just now bought a grapple and tried the auxiliary. All other hydraulic functions work fine.

Has anyone had a similar issue or know of things I can try to resolve the problem?

OP
OP
S

skemp

I did some diagnostics today and here are my findings:

Electronics and electrical connections appear to be fine. When I turn key on, pull down lap bar, engage aux hydraulics with overhead button, and then hit the thumb switch, I can hear the solenoids clicking.

I pulled the solenoids and they both are showing 4.8-4.9 ohms

I pulled the stems and had a dribble of clean hydraulic fluid from both holes and the screens looked clear.

Does this sound like something inside the valve body now or am I missing something else?

magnm01

I had an issue with aux hydraulics when I first bought mine. My issue was a faulty connector at the solenoid itself. Sourcing one was difficult so I was lucky local dealer keeps old harnesses from machines and gave me a connector. It sounds like you are actually hearing solenoid energizing though? I believe the functions of the switches are also programmable. What steps have you taken so far to verify the solenoid is actually opening?

OP
OP
S

skemp

It appears that the coils are energizing because i took the nuts off and pulled them away from the valve body slightly. I then hit the paddle switch and it pulled them in against the valve. In my mind, that eliminates the coils and the switches as the problem. I now have the stems ordered from bobcat.

magnm01

It appears that the coils are energizing because i took the nuts off and pulled them away from the valve body slightly. I then hit the paddle switch and it pulled them in against the valve. In my mind, that eliminates the coils and the switches as the problem. I now have the stems ordered from bobcat.
Sounds like you are on the right track.

OP
OP
S

skemp

I hope so!! Parts should be in late this week and it may be next week before I get a chance to try again. I will post my findings as soon as possible though.

Acreage T250

My standard, floor peddle T250 had issues with aux not operating my snow plow. The Aux light came on, and the right hand trigger would initiate a change in pump sound, for continuous flow but the L/R paddle switch would not operate my snow plow.

After checking solenoids I decided to get a new right hand control and tried one from Amazon for ~$400 Cdn. It turned out to be hall effect switch in the old control handle as it's difficult to check with a DVM.

OP
OP
S

skemp

Thanks for the info. I believe my paddle switch is ok because it seems to be activating the solenoids. I have new valve stems that are activated by the solenoids, but haven't put them on yet. I certainly hope that fixes the problem.

OP
OP
S

skemp

So, the problem was a stuck auxiliary spool valve. It was seriously stuck and had to be tapped out with a hammer and punch. I spent lots of time with fine grit sandpaper trying to polish it up but it would only go in the bore about 3/4 of the way before it would bind. I even ordered a new spool from Bobcat, but it did not "fit" any better. I put the original spool back in and it does work, but not as it should. Has anyone ever used a hone on the inside of the valve body to try to get it cleaned up a bit?

Latest posts