T190 hyd cooling fan motor leaking around shaft seal

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

gotowin

Been lurking for a while, my first post. Have hyd. oil coming out side radiator vents when running skid steer. Any tricks to removing hyd. motor to replace shaft seal. Also how to remove the oil cooler hyd. lines. I think the oil cooler and radiator will have to be removed to access the nuts on the long bolts securing the motor and impeller assembly. Any help appreciated.

flyerdan

There aren't any service manuals for the 190, but there is one for a T300 that has a section on the cooling fan. You might grab that one; I'd suspect that the architecture is similar on these.

farmshop

There aren't any service manuals for the 190, but there is one for a T300 that has a section on the cooling fan. You might grab that one; I'd suspect that the architecture is similar on these.
I don't think you have to remove the radiator to remove the fan. Been a while since I did ours. I remember there being different options on the motor depending if it's a cast iron or aluminum motor. I was also told it's important to change the filter on the fan often enough to prevent blowing the seal out

Wild-bobcat S205

Yes you do have to remove the rad to remove the fan. Its a bit of a job. If you want to save a fortune buy a rebuild kit instead of a whole new motor.
I had a hard time finding a kit but was so happy when I did i made a blogspot site for others looking for a kit:

Fwthompson1984

You can get the fan and all, out the bottom under the cab without removing the radiator. Do some twisting and squeezing in to get the nut off then it all comes out. Im working on a way to bypass the fan and substitute a spall fan in place instead of this engendered masterpiece. 🤦

OP
OP
G

gotowin

I don't think you have to remove the radiator to remove the fan. Been a while since I did ours. I remember there being different options on the motor depending if it's a cast iron or aluminum motor. I was also told it's important to change the filter on the fan often enough to prevent blowing the seal out

I have a Service Manual for the T 190. Wasn't cheap. I Don't know how to get it on the manual website. Yes I had to pull the radiator, remove one hyd. line from the cooler and hold it up out of the way to get to the rusted nuts on the long bolts supporting the fan and hyd motor free I used a seal repair kit to fix the hyd. motor and haven't had any leaks since. If your machine sit out in the weather a lot. Water accumulates under the radiator and hyd, cooler causing lots of rust.

Fwthompson1984

I have a Service Manual for the T 190. Wasn't cheap. I Don't know how to get it on the manual website. Yes I had to pull the radiator, remove one hyd. line from the cooler and hold it up out of the way to get to the rusted nuts on the long bolts supporting the fan and hyd motor free I used a seal repair kit to fix the hyd. motor and haven't had any leaks since. If your machine sit out in the weather a lot. Water accumulates under the radiator and hyd, cooler causing lots of rust.
I just did mine thru under the cab, takes some patience and careful effort not to crack the housing or fan, but it can be done. I would imagine its faster as well.

brdgbldr

I've attached a copy of the parts diagram that may help. Not sure if I got your serial number covered. If not you can look this up on :
www.bobcatpartsonline.com
There is also an exploded view of the different fan motors you can look at And find the parts you need.
I find these exploded views a great help with disassembly and assembly above and beyond any manual.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-27 at 5.07.07 PM.pdf
    146.3 KB · Views: 245