T-190 Kubota VT2003 runs, no fuel at #1 cylinder pump outlet

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ccaissie

Replaced head, started, runs on 3 cylinders. Cracked #1 injector line (starboard side) at pump, no fuel pulses there. What can be the cause of this pump failure... There was no interference of the pump parts. I have the service manuals, and am prepared to open the top of the pump if necessary. C

OP
OP
ccaissie

ccaissie

Actually when I was removing the injection lines, I noticed the clamp holding the #!,2 outlet assemblies was loose and when I tried to break loose the line fitting on #1, the outlet assembly turned. Could that have caused it? Is that an adjustment? I see it has some serrated teeth to lock against the clamp...yuk.

Tazza

Staff member
Actually when I was removing the injection lines, I noticed the clamp holding the #!,2 outlet assemblies was loose and when I tried to break loose the line fitting on #1, the outlet assembly turned. Could that have caused it? Is that an adjustment? I see it has some serrated teeth to lock against the clamp...yuk.
As long as you didn't unscrew it all the way out, you should be fine for not altering the adjustment. The goodies that actually compress the fuel are below this part.
If you are getting no fuel out, you can't make it worse. Take the fuel lines off and carefully un-screw the the part you moved (delivery nozzle) but be careful not to pull the part below out. You will see a spring and poppet, make sure all these parts are not stuck or broken and put it back together. It's possible after removing it, that it will leak fuel from the Oring that will be messed with on the delivery nozzle housing.

Latest posts