stump bucket

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sterlclan

no footings but I've done trenches 3 feet deep not too bad a little tough to get the dirt away form the trengh without caving in but it totaly do-able Jeff

sterlclan

whats the biggest stump u ever pulled?
Ive done 2 foot pine with working at it but my machine is pretty old and kinda tired also been able to do much larger ones that have been cut for a year or two its possible(read that as time consuming) to get one loose that cant be lifted out of the hole my biggest limit is the power(or lack thereof) a little patience goes a long way Jeff

jklingel

Ive done 2 foot pine with working at it but my machine is pretty old and kinda tired also been able to do much larger ones that have been cut for a year or two its possible(read that as time consuming) to get one loose that cant be lifted out of the hole my biggest limit is the power(or lack thereof) a little patience goes a long way Jeff
I realize we are drifting from the original post, but I made a J-hook out of 1" plate. It slips over my folk tine and I use it to cut the roots on trees. It takes about 5 minutes to go around an 18" tree, then I push it over. I get some stump-clumps that are a good 8' in diameter that way. Of course, this won't be quite as effective on trees that have tap roots, but ours don't. Still, something like that may make stump removal a lot easier, too. j