Still looking for planetarium

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

van

My 1845 skid steer has been out of commission for years but I keep looking for a rebuilt,used,or a machine shop to help me.:)van

Attachments

• IMG_4326.jpeg
    IMG_4326.jpeg
    463.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4325.jpeg
    IMG_4325.jpeg
    432.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4324.jpeg
    IMG_4324.jpeg
    467.7 KB · Views: 60
OP
OP
V

van

tooth bar for 72" bucket inside measurement. Bobcat quit making them,can u help:)van

OP
OP
V

van

anyone looking for new kabota tires on rims?

Attachments

• IMG_0753.jpeg
    IMG_0753.jpeg
    439.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0758.jpeg
    IMG_0758.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0757.jpeg
    IMG_0757.jpeg
    33.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0756.jpeg
    IMG_0756.jpeg
    38.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0755.jpeg
    IMG_0755.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 62

Mark L

My 1845 skid steer has been out of commission for years but I keep looking for a rebuilt,used,or a machine shop to help me.:)van
I have an 1845c that burned severely. Would there be something in it you could rebuild for yours?

Dave1234

After all this time, it sounds like time for some 3rd world technology--check out this utube (there are others too on making splines and gears on a lathe).

Fortunately, the shaft you have can provide all the essential details from the unworn area. Get to know some backyard machinest who needs a trade.

OP
OP
V

van

After all this time, it sounds like time for some 3rd world technology--check out this utube (there are others too on making splines and gears on a lathe).

Fortunately, the shaft you have can provide all the essential details from the unworn area. Get to know some backyard machinest who needs a trade.

This is something I would like to have done for sure. But finding someone to rebuild a planetarium is not easy.ANY IDEAS OF WHO TO CALLWOULD BE APPRECIATED;)Van

OP
OP
V

van

I have an 1845c that burned severely. Would there be something in it you could rebuild for yours?
How was the planetarium effected?if it wasn't damaged or worn out it might work ,do you have pictures? ;}van

Dave1234

This is something I would like to have done for sure. But finding someone to rebuild a planetarium is not easy.ANY IDEAS OF WHO TO CALLWOULD BE APPRECIATED;)Van
I couldn't tell enough from your pics. It looked like the sun gear shaft was completely stripped or worn off, but the planet gears and outer ring gear were ok (sort of). This place looks interesting, but only brass:
https://www.precisionpinionrod.com/. Dig further online under pinion wire. One thing you will have to consider is that new gears are mated by design. Used gears won't mate properly with new ones--each tooth bangs on its opposing tooth until they wear together--the vibration can be extreme depending on the rotational speed. I don't know if a planet gear system would be significantly different. The fact that the sun gear wore out suggests that it was soft by design which would make putting in a new one possibly workable since it might wear in, and then could be hardened as needed to match the old one. Where the wear particles went or would go might be worth investigating. Boston Gear used to be the place to go for off the shelf and custon gears of all sorts. There are others too. You'd probably have to either have a machine shop send pitch and dimensions and alloys, or send them your parts. Depends on how desperate you have gotten. I'd look for the ohly machine shop in a smaller industrial area (mines or saw mills, etc) that had to fix whatever came through the door rather than a big city. You need a machinist whose standards are low enough to be sensible rather than perfect.

You could also look here to see likely sizes and prices should any of these be right: https://www.mcmaster.com/products/pinion-stock/

Last edited:

haymaker

I would think those parts would/could be unaffected in a burned out unit. It would be worth investigating. JMHO
All States Ag, Vander Haag's, and Conequip.com are places that sell used Case parts. There are also tractor and construction equipment bone yards all over the country. I have 3 near me in southern Wisconsin alone.
These are places I would take the time to look up and contact If I had one I needed to get parts for.
I have done that for my 542B in the past several times.

Last edited:

haymaker

Tango-Charlie,
Sorry for the delay.
Regrettably 2 of the 3 I used to go to have closed.
Worthington that was in Evansville recently shut down but still has several operations open around the country.

All States Ag only currently has 2 facilities open in Wisconsin ( Black Creek and Downing ) but both are in the north part of the state. One is up toward Green Bay and the other is northwest. They also have about 6 others open in other states.

Both of these have a large internet presence.

Jaeckel Brothers near Jefferson is still open and doing a thriving business!
They still let you go roam around unlike most of the yards today.
You can also find them on the web but they do NOT have a website.
Phone number is...920-563-3447. They answer that number almost 24/7 accept when they are at church.
Only open Monday thru Saturday but you can go out there and look almost any time and give a call if you find something.
I usually go when they are there because they can point you in the right direction to save you time and effort.
Unlike a lot of these places they are usually fair when it comes to pricing. They know they are a scrap yard, not a gold mine.

Rock Valley Tractor Parts over in Iowa might be of some help too.
They also have a web presence, but I have never actually been there.

I hope this helps you out...Good Luck!!

OP
OP
V

van

Tango-Charlie,
Sorry for the delay.
Regrettably 2 of the 3 I used to go to have closed.
Worthington that was in Evansville recently shut down but still has several operations open around the country.

All States Ag only currently has 2 facilities open in Wisconsin ( Black Creek and Downing ) but both are in the north part of the state. One is up toward Green Bay and the other is northwest. They also have about 6 others open in other states.

Both of these have a large internet presence.

Jaeckel Brothers near Jefferson is still open and doing a thriving business!
They still let you go roam around unlike most of the yards today.
You can also find them on the web but they do NOT have a website.
Phone number is...920-563-3447. They answer that number almost 24/7 accept when they are at church.
Only open Monday thru Saturday but you can go out there and look almost any time and give a call if you find something.
I usually go when they are there because they can point you in the right direction to save you time and effort.
Unlike a lot of these places they are usually fair when it comes to pricing. They know they are a scrap yard, not a gold mine.

Rock Valley Tractor Parts over in Iowa might be of some help too.
They also have a web presence, but I have never actually been there.

I hope this helps you out...Good Luck!!
Thank you:)Van

Latest posts