Sticky Release Valve Bobcat 853

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

calebm

Hello, I have a bobcat 853 with 4700 hours. The bucket tilts up and down just fine, the arms raise just fine, but it's dropping the arms down that's the issue. They come down VERY slowly. If I stomp on the foot control to release the arms down, they will then go down at a good speed. Stomping on it doesn't always work. The push/pull valve seems like it's rubbing or getting stuck on something. It pulls out fine to raise the arms, but pushing it in to drop them proved difficult. I am not familiar with working on skid loaders and I may be getting the part names wrong. Below is a video of the part I'm describing to hopefully better explain the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

polishpete

when u raise do they stay in place under the pedal u prabbly have dirt and grime
wont let the pedal go down

brdgbldr

It sounds like you may have a bad valve.

When you stomp on the front of the peddle to "lower" the arms, what you are actually doing is setting the detent to "float" the arms.

So when you "stomp" on the toe of the peddle the peddle should stick there. There are two detent balls and springs that should hold the valve open so that the arm will fallow the contour of the ground as you back up the machine. You then should have to push down on the heal of the peddle to disengage the detent balls and go back to normal operation.

If you are having to engage the float / detent to lower the arms then you have a valve problem or something else stopping the fluid from moving.

Latest posts