Spare parts to keep on hand???

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

500K_773

I like to be prepared for any breakdowns because downtime costs me money. I have a list of parts and pieces I like to keep in case I breakdown during a weekend or the dealership is out of the part.
1.) Spare valve stem. It seems like the valve stem can get knocked off at the most inopportune time and I don't know if most tire shops carry the same stems required for my tires.
2.) Spare tire. I have an oddball floatation tire size that my dealer does not stock. I bought a tire but did not have it mounted. At least I have a tire and won't have to wait a week to order one in. I may buy another rim and have it mounted, but would have to guess what side of the machine may have a flat since they are directionally mounted.
3.) Spare filters. I have airfilters, oil filters, and fuel filters on hand.
4.) Hydrostatic oil. I keep a bottle of the Bobcat oil on hand. Does anyone know if there is another brand which meets Bobcat's specs which may be cheaper? I call the Bobcat oil "Black Gold" because of the price.
5.) Glycol. My Bobcat specs out polyproplylene glycol and I purchase some of Bobcat's own. There may be other brands that meet the spec, but it was easier to buy Bobcat brand.

I would like to have a selection of hydraulic hose and aeroquip fittings on hand, but the price is pretty high for this. I had a hyraulic hose break on a 3 day holiday weekend when the dealership and another hydraulic center was closed. Dissapointing not being able to finish the job until Monday.
Can anyone else add to this list of "essentials"?

StuZ

Better keep a drive belt and a fan belt, also a couple fuses and a relay or two wouldn't hurt either. And then there are a spare set of hyd. couplers and maybe even a spare key if you have them :)

OP
OP
500K_773

500K_773

Better keep a drive belt and a fan belt, also a couple fuses and a relay or two wouldn't hurt either. And then there are a spare set of hyd. couplers and maybe even a spare key if you have them :)
The belts are a great idea. It's so easy to overlook them. I have only had to adjust my belt once, when the machine was fairly new, about 30 hours. I better look in my owners or shop manual and even find out where the fuse panel is located. With the advanced security system, I only need keys to open the engine compartment door or cab door.
Any idea how much the main belt costs? Whats the average / expected life of it?

StuZ

The belts are a great idea. It's so easy to overlook them. I have only had to adjust my belt once, when the machine was fairly new, about 30 hours. I better look in my owners or shop manual and even find out where the fuse panel is located. With the advanced security system, I only need keys to open the engine compartment door or cab door.
Any idea how much the main belt costs? Whats the average / expected life of it?
$50.00 American gets most of the main drive belts. I have seen the go after 200 hours, and seen them still look good after 1000 hours. The nice thing about belts is, you never know ..... And you can't buy them just anywhere

864wood

$50.00 American gets most of the main drive belts. I have seen the go after 200 hours, and seen them still look good after 1000 hours. The nice thing about belts is, you never know ..... And you can't buy them just anywhere
I have an 864G 2000 yr model. I bought it out of the rental departement with 990 hrs. Not a bad number of hrs and not terrible condition. It now has 1440 hrs and it is the little things mixed with the occasional big things that I find having the spare parts on hand is handy. Example: The small bradied rubber fuel lines leading to the engine. I now always carry extra because the first time cost me a trip to the dealer and 3 hrs lost. One blew the other day while loading dump trucks and I was back in business in 8 minutes. It must be due to age of lines, the ambient air temp was frigging hot and I had been running the machine hard for about 4 hrs. I will definately look into belts and oh by the way always have an rear idler bearing on hand. They are only 589.00 plus tax. I lost one last weekend. Oh well its only money.

Eric

I have an 864G 2000 yr model. I bought it out of the rental departement with 990 hrs. Not a bad number of hrs and not terrible condition. It now has 1440 hrs and it is the little things mixed with the occasional big things that I find having the spare parts on hand is handy. Example: The small bradied rubber fuel lines leading to the engine. I now always carry extra because the first time cost me a trip to the dealer and 3 hrs lost. One blew the other day while loading dump trucks and I was back in business in 8 minutes. It must be due to age of lines, the ambient air temp was frigging hot and I had been running the machine hard for about 4 hrs. I will definately look into belts and oh by the way always have an rear idler bearing on hand. They are only 589.00 plus tax. I lost one last weekend. Oh well its only money.
bobtach hinge pins. teeth for buckets, roll pins, and tooth shank with bolts. (never run your shanks without a tooth!) battery cables. hydraulic fluid, engine oil, and grease. brake cleaner. (for cleaning parts on the job) rubber gloves. spare filters. quick connects. spare hydraulic hoses. ( especialy high use hoses for attachments like a breaker) light bulbs. nuts and bolts. O-ring kit. (box of different sized o-rings) zip ties. extra chain and binder. spare tires for bobcat and trailer. ( this will save you hours for sure)