Sometimes I feel I'm always on the bottom bunk

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

thetool

I had a bad day today.
It started three weeks ago.
Three weeks ago, after about a month of suffering and putting off going to the dentist, I finally, moanfully, in a wave of pain that seemed to ebb and flow dependent on my meal schedule, made an oppointment to have the offending teeth extracted.
Take notice that I wrote teeth, and not tooth. This was no ordinary toothache, mind you. It was a double-whammy, left side top rear, and right side bottom rear, EXACTLY LATERALLY OPPOSITE and when the pain came, it bored into my face and skull equally from both sides. I had no side left for which to be thankfully free from pain.
I remember being angry that equal and opposite but phased noise or waves could cancel each other out, the way Bose headphones work their majic, but NOOOOO, not this pain. Since noise can be painful, it really should work that way, but it dosen't. I'll make it a point to dicuss this with the designer when I see him.
The appointment was for the next day, which turned out to be during a rather heavy snowstorm, and I was caught in traffic backed up by several slide-offs that occurred along my route of twenty or so miles. I obviously should have left sooner. I should have flossed daily.
I arrived late, fifteen minutes, to the huffy consternation of two female dental assistants. I was already very nervous, being phobic of dentists and their dark arts. At the time of my arrival I was experiencing a respite in the waves of pain, so it was again my FEAR that was temporarily prioritzed as A-1, and I was ready to use any excuse to put the whole thing off. Again.....
As they whisked me into the dentist's chair and began to put the noose, er, little chained bib around my neck, adjusting lights, etcetera, I had visions of hurried and angry people of medical AUTHORITY pushing needles, nails, chainsaws and crowbars into my sensitive tissues, and I snapped. I got up and walked out, stating over my shoulder that "I will reschedule for a day when you are not so angry with me for being late. I will not have dental procedures done by angry and impatient folks." They were flabbergasted. I felt BIG, until about an hour later, when the pain set in again in force.
The next day, I had the teeth extracted by my new hero, who not only had a gentle touch, but through some caring questioning reasoned that I was in need of an anaesthetic that contained no epinephrine, as I am over-sensitive to adrenaline, which is the root cause of my dental phobias and anxieties, a fact that was proven then and there during the extractions, by the control I was able to maintain over my previously quivering body and bladder. HAH!
Flash forward.....
I ordered needed parts from a vendor the last working day before the New Year. They were supposed to be in yesterday. I called, "Sorry, we dropped the ball, we'll order them for tomorrow." Dang it!
I also yesterday made an appointment to meet a new customer today and look at his forklift at the shop at his home.
The vendor called this morning and told me parts were in, to give him a couple hours to receive them and they'll be in Will Call. Cool. Thirty miles away, these guys......
So I took off. It's snowing like mad again. I'll stop by the new customer to check out his forklift.
His shop's locked, no one is home, so I call him. "OH YEAH! I had a meeting," he says. "We'll have to reschedule, I'll call you back." Okay.......
Go on in to town and hit the vendor for my parts. Guy at the counter says, "OH YEAH! I should have called you back. All your parts didn't come in. We dropped the ball. Sorry. We'll re-order for tomorrow." Dang it!
Thirty miles later, pull into the snow drift in front of the house. Drove sixty miles for nothing. I can't afford that every day. Oh well, that's business, I guess. I check the mailbox.....
There's a bill from the Dentist that I walked out on three weeks ago, with a note demanding payment for a missed appointment.

nobull1

You didn't miss the appointment, you just left due to poor attitude. Unprofessional attitude when fooling with my teeth is a no-no. I don't blame you and would push and try not to pay after talking to the office manager or dentist.
I thought I was the only one to have months after months like you had.

Tazza

Staff member
You didn't miss the appointment, you just left due to poor attitude. Unprofessional attitude when fooling with my teeth is a no-no. I don't blame you and would push and try not to pay after talking to the office manager or dentist.
I thought I was the only one to have months after months like you had.
Thats a pretty bad run you have there! I hope you don't let the dentist push you around.....
I hope your pain is all gone now, i know all too well about tooth pain. I needed root canal treatment about a year ago, the pain was a little bad before i got attacked, after th first visit it was awesome! no more pain. Shooting pains up just under my eye, through my cheek like i had sinus or something.

OP
OP
thetool

thetool

Thats a pretty bad run you have there! I hope you don't let the dentist push you around.....
I hope your pain is all gone now, i know all too well about tooth pain. I needed root canal treatment about a year ago, the pain was a little bad before i got attacked, after th first visit it was awesome! no more pain. Shooting pains up just under my eye, through my cheek like i had sinus or something.
Udate-
Vendor called and said all the parts were in, come and get'em, he'll split shipping.
Drove 30 miles into town only to find he'd ordered the wrong part.
Called the dentist and told them to pound sand. They'll probably send it to collections.
Scored a new customer.
I'm happy again!

sterlclan

Udate-
Vendor called and said all the parts were in, come and get'em, he'll split shipping.
Drove 30 miles into town only to find he'd ordered the wrong part.
Called the dentist and told them to pound sand. They'll probably send it to collections.
Scored a new customer.
I'm happy again!
the last bolt or nut ........its lost................................the socket I need just fell in where?...................snap the fitting in the middle of nowhere..........and last but not least throw a track in the mud ......in the winter..........on top of the cliff............me and Murphy are really close.....Jeff

BOHadvantage

the last bolt or nut ........its lost................................the socket I need just fell in where?...................snap the fitting in the middle of nowhere..........and last but not least throw a track in the mud ......in the winter..........on top of the cliff............me and Murphy are really close.....Jeff
you guys tasting the gun oil? It can only get better, Lord knows it can't get much worse.

Tazza

Staff member
you guys tasting the gun oil? It can only get better, Lord knows it can't get much worse.
Not in my case, things just seem to go from bad to worse! This year hasn't been good so far, i just hope it gets better, it can't get much worse!