Snowblower attachment for New Holland

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Lucky

Hello, I just recently bought a new house on 18.5 acres of land on a mountain in Pa. I have a lane that is .4 mile long that I need to maintain and clear of snow in the winter. I purchased a 2007 L170 New Holland with 149 hours on the meter to help me do my jobs. I have been just using the front 6' wide bucket to do the snow removal, but it is not the easiest or best way of doing things. I have been thinking about a snow blower attachment but I do not know anything about how good they work, how easy they are to use or which kind is the best brand to buy !!!! I have an Ariens 10HP hand model that I have used for a good while so I understand the concept of snowblowers in general, but I am completely ignorant of ones that ataach to a skid steer !!! Can anyone here help me out with some experience and knowledge ????? I would greatly appreciate it !!!! Thanks. Lucky

jdlipinski

Get a 7 1/2' pickup truck snowplow, get a quick attach plate, and make a mount. I set up an old 6' Jeep plow on my L250, it's a bit big for a 2000 lb machine, but it works. Hook up the auxillaries for the power angle, and you are set. I used to plow with an LX885 2 speed, 8' Meyers pickup truck plow. Was lots of fun, you could open up small lots pretty quick, where a pickup truck would be awkward. I think a blower on that long of a driveway would be slow and tedious, and a cab enclosure kit would be almost manditory.

Earthwerks Unlimited

Get a 7 1/2' pickup truck snowplow, get a quick attach plate, and make a mount. I set up an old 6' Jeep plow on my L250, it's a bit big for a 2000 lb machine, but it works. Hook up the auxillaries for the power angle, and you are set. I used to plow with an LX885 2 speed, 8' Meyers pickup truck plow. Was lots of fun, you could open up small lots pretty quick, where a pickup truck would be awkward. I think a blower on that long of a driveway would be slow and tedious, and a cab enclosure kit would be almost manditory.
I agree with the last post. Blowers are expensive, as are cab enclosures with heat. I'd prefer a beater pickup with a plow myself.

skidsteer.ca

I agree with the last post. Blowers are expensive, as are cab enclosures with heat. I'd prefer a beater pickup with a plow myself.
You can convert a pickup plow. That would be cheapest. But they are not a heavy duty as a plow build for skidsteer use.
Plows also leave you with banks. A blower on the other hand will cost almost double the plow, but will greatly reduce the volume of snow by removing the air from it. Also it allows you to place snow in among trees or other obsticles where you can't plow it too.
Blowers must be matched to the hydraulic pump volume on the skidsteer loader. So if you find a deal on used one, it must come from a loader that has a pump with simular flow (expressed in GPM or gallons per minute) as your loader.
If you would like more information please visit our website www.skidsteer.ca for a look at various snow removal attachments and of course we would be happy to discuss your snow removal needs with you.
Ken

jerry

You can convert a pickup plow. That would be cheapest. But they are not a heavy duty as a plow build for skidsteer use.
Plows also leave you with banks. A blower on the other hand will cost almost double the plow, but will greatly reduce the volume of snow by removing the air from it. Also it allows you to place snow in among trees or other obsticles where you can't plow it too.
Blowers must be matched to the hydraulic pump volume on the skidsteer loader. So if you find a deal on used one, it must come from a loader that has a pump with simular flow (expressed in GPM or gallons per minute) as your loader.
If you would like more information please visit our website www.skidsteer.ca for a look at various snow removal attachments and of course we would be happy to discuss your snow removal needs with you.
Ken
Ken , I had a blower on the tractor and now a converted pickup plow on the skidsteer. I want to go back to a blower because of the banks and piles and the time to do a clean job with the plow. Will standard new holland hyd flow do a decent job of blowing snow if the blower is sized for the machine? How about spout rotation do I have to have electric for that? thanks Jerry

skidsteer.ca

Ken , I had a blower on the tractor and now a converted pickup plow on the skidsteer. I want to go back to a blower because of the banks and piles and the time to do a clean job with the plow. Will standard new holland hyd flow do a decent job of blowing snow if the blower is sized for the machine? How about spout rotation do I have to have electric for that? thanks Jerry
Jerry
They will work pretty good. You have 15 gpm at 2600 psi I believe. Give you about 22 hp to run the blower with those numbers. For spout rotation you will either need a electric over hydraulic valve and a cylinder or orbit motor, or a atv winch.
They used to set up 60" blowers on 743 bobcats which only had 11 gallon pumps. Your not going to win a race with a 15 gpm machine but it will definitely work
Ken