Snow Bucket

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nailsbeats

All right guys here is your chance to help design a new product. Well, new to me anyway. I have been asked by my Bobcat dealer to build him a 72" snow or light material bucket. I have no experience with one. Obviously a lot of capacity is what we are going for. Any pro's and con's? Are some design's like the tall "see through" back better than others with a shorter solid back? Is a brace in the middle of the bucket a good idea or will this hang up too much material? How about the geometry of the bucket ends? Any thoughts or experiences please. I realize that in the end the dealer will get what he can sell, but what do you guys think?

OP
OP
N

nailsbeats

Thank you Ken for the pics. Those designs are just what I was thinking, probably go that route depending on what the dealers exact needs and specs are.
Sterlclan, about the pusher idea. My pusher has a radiused back like a snow blade. Wondering if this would be a nice touch for rolling snow if the bucket was to be used like a pusher? Mounting the quick tach plate on a radius would be a little more complex, but no big deal. Something to think about in my sleep.

sterlclan

Sterlclan, about the pusher idea. My pusher has a radiused back like a snow blade. Wondering if this would be a nice touch for rolling snow if the bucket was to be used like a pusher? Mounting the quick tach plate on a radius would be a little more complex, but no big deal. Something to think about in my sleep.
a curve would help get wetter snow out i would think, and would help roll it as well.......

OP
OP
N

nailsbeats

a curve would help get wetter snow out i would think, and would help roll it as well.......
I may just try to prototype a snow bucket configured like this. I find this concept very interesting. All I can do is build it and try.

OP
OP
N

nailsbeats

I may just try to prototype a snow bucket configured like this. I find this concept very interesting. All I can do is build it and try.
I had a guy call me today about a building him a 8' snow pusher with a pull back blade. I told him $2000, he thought that was too high. Maybe I will call him and see if he would be interested in the prototype pusher/bucket. I could build and sell that for probably $1400 at the most.

Tazza

Staff member
I had a guy call me today about a building him a 8' snow pusher with a pull back blade. I told him $2000, he thought that was too high. Maybe I will call him and see if he would be interested in the prototype pusher/bucket. I could build and sell that for probably $1400 at the most.
I don't believe 2,000 to be too expensive for a tiltable pusher blade. It will be custom made!
I really see no reason why you should discount your attachments (unless they are for me of course) just because people think they are too expensive. They may see a cheaper one else where that could be made out of light gauge steel etc. Just one thing to keep in mind, you are selling quality and when you get to know the industry a bit better you can point out that you use better grade steel and the thickness.
I wish you well in your new business and look forward to looking at your new attachments!!

OP
OP
N

nailsbeats

I don't believe 2,000 to be too expensive for a tiltable pusher blade. It will be custom made!
I really see no reason why you should discount your attachments (unless they are for me of course) just because people think they are too expensive. They may see a cheaper one else where that could be made out of light gauge steel etc. Just one thing to keep in mind, you are selling quality and when you get to know the industry a bit better you can point out that you use better grade steel and the thickness.
I wish you well in your new business and look forward to looking at your new attachments!!
Tazza, a reasonably priced competitor has an industrial grade 8' pusher with pull back blade for $2800. Like you said "custom built". I want to deliver quality and price, but I am already $800 low. I guaranteed the price and haven't even started the project yet, would've had it done in 1 week too. He can get a blade that angles for $2300. I think thats what he wants anyway. That's business.

OP
OP
N

nailsbeats

Tazza, a reasonably priced competitor has an industrial grade 8' pusher with pull back blade for $2800. Like you said "custom built". I want to deliver quality and price, but I am already $800 low. I guaranteed the price and haven't even started the project yet, would've had it done in 1 week too. He can get a blade that angles for $2300. I think thats what he wants anyway. That's business.
By the way Tazza, do you get snow on your side of the Globe?

Tazza

Staff member
By the way Tazza, do you get snow on your side of the Globe?
Well i agree, you are 800 cheaper and will custom make it and you will do the job rite. As always, you can't please everyone.
We do get snow over here, but in the south. I'm from Brisbane and our winter never gets much past 0C, every so often you get in the -C range but thats REALLY early in the morning and as soon as the sun is out its +5 or more. The snow that does fall down south is only light, so light that its gone in a day or 2. Up in the mountains is a different story though.
Our summers get up wards of 45C and 95%+ humidity its horrid!!! but it doesn't last long, a few weeks at most.

pelpel

HI, having just finished my second snow storm, I would like to see it quite high in theback to avoid spillage. Reason being when you spill snow back, it gets stuck and accumulates between the lift arms and bucket. If you let it build up it turns into ice from being compressed as you tilt back. even some kind of cover (old inner tube) to prevent snow from building up in there. It is a pain in the a** to pic out the ice with a screwdriver / hammer.

Latest posts