Skidsteer specs

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Russell

Greetings from the frozen state of Vermont. I am a skidsteer wannabe in search of specs for older machines. I need a machine which will lift at least 1500 lbs, and has constant flow auxillary hydraulics to operate a tree spade. Since I would probably not use it more than 50 hours per year, an older model would be fine - in fact preferable to a newer one. I have seen such units as a Case 1537, Bobcat 610, and John Deere 36 for sale, but am unable to determine much about them except what appears in the ad. A few weeks ago I ran across a web site which I thought would give me all the necessary info on older units, but it wasn't as comprehensive as advertised, and now I can't find it again. Any leads you guys from cyber space can provide will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tazza

Staff member
Hi from the HOT and humid state of Brisbane, Australia...
If the 610 you refer to is an M610, this unit will only lift 1000 lbs.
As you want to lift over 1500 lbs, you would need something in the 8 series, like an 843. This unit will lift 1700 lbs.
The 7 series like a 743 will only do 1300 lbs.
Maybee someone else on this site can give you a better idea of what way you should go.

siduramaxde

Hi from the HOT and humid state of Brisbane, Australia...
If the 610 you refer to is an M610, this unit will only lift 1000 lbs.
As you want to lift over 1500 lbs, you would need something in the 8 series, like an 843. This unit will lift 1700 lbs.
The 7 series like a 743 will only do 1300 lbs.
Maybee someone else on this site can give you a better idea of what way you should go.
How much do you want to spend? A 863 loader with about 2000 hours on the clock can be had for about $12,000 around here. A 863 has a ROC of 1900# and a tiping load of 3800#.

siduramaxde

How much do you want to spend? A 863 loader with about 2000 hours on the clock can be had for about $12,000 around here. A 863 has a ROC of 1900# and a tiping load of 3800#.
Also, I think bobcat has historical spec on older loaders on their web site.

Tazza

Staff member
Also, I think bobcat has historical spec on older loaders on their web site.
Thats exactly where i got the spec's
http://www.bobcat.com/products/historical/index.html
Then click Skid Steers
Personally i would head for a non BICS unit where possible, if the computer goes you are up for big money, and if it is only going to be used for a few hours a year i really do believe an older non electronic loader would be best. I would like a nice new electronic controlled bobcat but the thought of 900 USD for a solenoid coil scares me (well this is what i heard the cost), i would hate to think what a computer would cost......

Tigerotor77W

Russell -- it depends on how your 1,500 pounds are to be lifted. Although a 763 could theoretically handler 1,500 pounds, 1,500 pounds on a pallet will be very shaky.

You may want to look into used New Holland Lx665s or Bobcat 7753s as the smallest size loader you would consider. Any smaller and I'm not sure how well you'd handle trees or pallets...

OP
OP
R

Russell

Russell -- it depends on how your 1,500 pounds are to be lifted. Although a 763 could theoretically handler 1,500 pounds, 1,500 pounds on a pallet will be very shaky.

You may want to look into used New Holland Lx665s or Bobcat 7753s as the smallest size loader you would consider. Any smaller and I'm not sure how well you'd handle trees or pallets...
Thanks for the responses. Far and away, Bobcat has the best website for 'historical specs'. Why do all the other manufacturers keep that data concealed?? Anyway, yesterday I bit the bullet and bought a 1995 742B at a farm auction for $5400. Even tho it is not rated for the 1500# I need, for what little I will use it, I'm confident it will work. I need to purchase a service/ repair manual. Should these be available thru dealers? My first major task will be to plumb in auxilliary hydraulics. Since the 742B has these as an option, I assume there are ports on the main valve, or do the auxilliaries come off a power beyond port? IMPORTANT QUESTION: can I bypass the aux. control on the right steering lever ?? Since the aux will be for a tree spade, I want constant flow without having to always be conscious of the stick position. I would like to control the aux with a ball valve or other similar on-off option-- your thoughts, please. Although not severe, this machine has a modest coating of dried-on cow manure. What's the best method of removal--power wash or steam clean. I have never used either one.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for the responses. Far and away, Bobcat has the best website for 'historical specs'. Why do all the other manufacturers keep that data concealed?? Anyway, yesterday I bit the bullet and bought a 1995 742B at a farm auction for $5400. Even tho it is not rated for the 1500# I need, for what little I will use it, I'm confident it will work. I need to purchase a service/ repair manual. Should these be available thru dealers? My first major task will be to plumb in auxilliary hydraulics. Since the 742B has these as an option, I assume there are ports on the main valve, or do the auxilliaries come off a power beyond port? IMPORTANT QUESTION: can I bypass the aux. control on the right steering lever ?? Since the aux will be for a tree spade, I want constant flow without having to always be conscious of the stick position. I would like to control the aux with a ball valve or other similar on-off option-- your thoughts, please. Although not severe, this machine has a modest coating of dried-on cow manure. What's the best method of removal--power wash or steam clean. I have never used either one.
Congrats on your new purchase.
As for a manual, look on e-bay, a guy that goes by the name of maxxwedge is really good, your dealer can help you too but they will be rather pricy.
As for the cow crap, i would pressure wash it.
Now, the aux hydraulics..... Go and lift the cab, see if there is a linkage attached on the right steering lever to the spool valve, if not you will need to buy one and remove the locking bolt on the lever. Does it have the tube lines running to the front left of the machine? if not, you will need to get them installed.
As for keeping the flow going, your aux should be a detent valve, so move the lever to the right and it will click in and hold, this will keep fluid flowing.
You really need to find out just what is attached so you know what you need to buy to get it working.
Let us know how it goes.