Skid steer junk

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

van

Ever had one of these
#446 JCT Online Steffes Auction 7/12 - Ring 3

hyd. tiller, 72", universal skid steer mounts, unused, Location: Steffes Facility, 2000 Main Ave E, West Fargo, ND 58078, Seller: Moorhead Liquidation, dlr., contact Ciara (701) 373-5159 or Steffes Representative Justin Ruth (701) 630-5583
More Details

This picture above before using,the next pictures belowmight scare you after seeing them.The manufacturer JCT website says,For food plots ,SENT the pictures to prove it to Steffes auctions to get the Steffes auctions to ask for help ,they answer no. then I emailed JTC manufacturer twice over 2 weeks with no response you will see what this product looks like after 1 1/2 hrs use after discing the ground first then ran the tiller over the ground .UNBELIEVABLE! Look at these pictures of the 5 different rows of 7,most all BENT,all bolts loose after 45 minutes. Saw a blade in the ground so I checked tiller ,found another missing blade and all bolts needed tightened.then used for another45 minutes ,when I saw bolt in the ground stopped using.took pictures sent to steffes and ask why they sold such junk. Also asked why no directions on a new unused product.

My feeling is the this is a scam ,unintended but not smart by manufacturer nor SteffesGroup practice good safe customer service in this case. By the way I say that because steffes group said they bought them off a truck from a vendor traveling around selling these and other items for skid steers. Your choice to buy or not buy from and equipment dealer. I als bought 4 other skid steer items,rock and claw attachment bent and flew apart in about 8 places ,we have welded and will only use the grappler. So fat auger is good, stump remover works as described for small trees. A mower lost the chain by bolts coming off but Wolverine sent chain and we purchased lock washers and new bolts ,other stripped.

If anyone has questions please ask,if YOU have had these or similar problems it would be nice to know:) van​
JCT

More Photos

Attachments

• IMG_4967.jpeg
    IMG_4967.jpeg
    657.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4966.jpeg
    IMG_4966.jpeg
    830.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4960.jpeg
    IMG_4960.jpeg
    341.7 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_4958.jpeg
    IMG_4958.jpeg
    440.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_4953.jpeg
    IMG_4953.jpeg
    486.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_4951.jpeg
    IMG_4951.jpeg
    351 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_4950.jpeg
    IMG_4950.jpeg
    387.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_4954.jpeg
    IMG_4954.jpeg
    473.3 KB · Views: 87

foton

I guess they did not use tempered spring steel. might need to see if you can match something up from another manf. to get the better steel. hopefully the rest of the unit will be ok. grade 8 bolts with lock nuts or a thread locker might help also. these things do vibrate a lot in rocky and clay based soils ask me how I know. hahaahahaa

OP
OP
V

van

I guess they did not use tempered spring steel. might need to see if you can match something up from another manf. to get the better steel. hopefully the rest of the unit will be ok. grade 8 bolts with lock nuts or a thread locker might help also. these things do vibrate a lot in rocky and clay based soils ask me how I know. hahaahahaa
You are probably correct. The plan is to have a welder put an edge on the tiller blades and use longer bolts with lock washer's and lock nuts. The current bolt had a lock nut on it,but as you say they shake a lot.thank you,:)van

Latest posts