SKD4 Hydraulic Problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

janton

Hi Guys, I'm hoping someone out there can help me with this problem, the Toyota agent doesn't have a clue. Here's the problem: I get a consistently slow lowering of the bucket or tipping forward of the bucket when a very slight rearward pressure is applied to the bucket pedals, this is true for both pedals independently or together, when I say slight pressure I mean with just the free play taken out, I have managed up to now by maintaining a slight forward pressure on the pedals (IE taking out the free play) but this takes a lot of concentration for an old navvy driver. Any ideas?

Tazza

Staff member
Sounds like your load checks in the control block. There should be two per segment, one for either direction of the cylinder. They should screw in near the outlet ports to the cylinder.
Never worked on one, so i can't tell you exactly what to look for. I had a machine with bad seals and it did the same thing. It would leak down unless i moved my foot and it would stay still.
As it stops when you move your foot slightly, it doesn't sound like an internal cylinder leak.

Latest posts