Skat Trak 1300HD Hydraulics Question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Krystle93

I have an older (I think late 70s-early 80s) Skat Trak 1300HD with about 1600 hours on it. This weekend I discovered a problem with a hydraulics. The tilt foot peddle has been a little hard to press over the past few months. However, this weekend, it started going crazy. Instead of titling either forward or backward, the bucket moves up and down (as if I was pressing the left peddle). It also feels like it sticks and is hard to press sometimes. And, once in a while, the bucket will keep moving even after stepping off the peddles (happens with both peddles). I've cleaned all the dirt and hay out from under the peddles, sprayed WD-40, and made sure it all looks okay. I replaced the hydraulic filter and topped off the hydraulic fluid, greased all the zerts, and have looked at all the hoses (none leaking). Does anybody have any ideas on what could be the problem? Thanks.

Tazza

Staff member
You may need to remove the cap on the back of the control block, see if the detent assembily is rusted and sticking.

Tazza

Staff member
Where would that be?
Look for the block that a bunch of hydraulic lines run to and the linkages from the lift/tilt pedals connect to. This is your control block. The back of where the linkages connect to will have a centering spring and possibly detent parts.

Dishtech43

Did you get this fixed ? Im having same problem with it sticking on tilt and up and down ! please let me know.thank

dvcochran

The pedals are sticking on the shaft they are attached to. it is easier to remove the whole pedal assembly to clean and grease. I made new nylon bushings and added grease fittings so it would not happen again.

hfP4

The pedals are sticking on the shaft they are attached to. it is easier to remove the whole pedal assembly to clean and grease. I made new nylon bushings and added grease fittings so it would not happen again.
I had the issue with pedals sticking on the shaft as well. I wound up rebuilding the pedal box with new shafts because they were such a mess. DIY bushings are fine, but the next fella might find it helpful to know about IGUS RFI-1216-24 bushings. They're all over the machine: pedal box, forward/backward drive handles, rear door, maybe other places too.