Selling T190 without serial number

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jberndt

A couple of weeks ago I was watching a T190 on ebay. It went for a really low price and I believe it was due to the fact that the seller said there was no serial number data plate on it. My question is how would you know if the skidsteer was stolen or not? And how could you buy replacement parts for it since bobcat always seems to ask for the serial number? I was tempted to bid on it but was afraid that it could have been stolen. The seller had good feedback and appeared to be an honest seller. Would you buy it? Thanks Jack

Kelly

The serial number will etched into various places on the main frame. I don't know exactly where, I think to the left of the engine inside the compartment. Your dealer can check the stolen list for you and order a new serial plate for free.

Fishfiles

The serial number will etched into various places on the main frame. I don't know exactly where, I think to the left of the engine inside the compartment. Your dealer can check the stolen list for you and order a new serial plate for free.
the serial number is stored in the controller and can be extracted by a bobcat dealer ---------- if i were buying a machine i would have to have a serial number plate and i would run the numbers before buying

OP
OP
J

jberndt

the serial number is stored in the controller and can be extracted by a bobcat dealer ---------- if i were buying a machine i would have to have a serial number plate and i would run the numbers before buying
I went back to ebay and tried to find the listing but they removed.