Seat removal for 743B

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mbracewell

Probably a simple question...I have a 743B and I need to replace the chain case oil. The service manual says, step one remove the seat with no other details. The seat sticks in the track which may be part of my problem. There are some hex bolts in the track and seat but no where near enough clearence (vertically or between the bolt and track) to get a socket on them. Is there an easy way to remove the seat - for example should it come all the way forward out of the track?

Tazza

Staff member
Remove the seat? BAH, it lies.
First, move the 743B to a level area.
Lift the cab by removing the 2 bolts at the front of the ROPS then lift it up and lock in place.
On the top of the chain case where the park brake is located is where you want to access. Remove the bolts holding this cover in place and lift it out. Be carefull not to damage the gasket. Drain out the oil (a horrible job) all 30 odd litres of it, mop out all you can with clean rags. Remove the plug on the front of the chain case, fill the chain case untill oil just starts to pour out of this hole, put the plug back in, and replace the chain case cover/park brake.
Replacing the cover can be a bit of a pain, as you need to line up the brake discs and the slots on the brake unit.
Any problems, just give us a yell, i am pretty sure this unit will be very close to my 743's.