Salvage Yard for Skid Steer Parts?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jeffscarstrucks

I am looking for some used parts and I think that this is the most knowledgable group that I have found. I would like to find some parts and am hoping that any one with a line on a good source would chime in. I think that this is the most read site so thanks in advance.JEFF

pondfishr

You can check with the skidloader graveyard on ebay. They normally keep a few parts in stock from what I can tell. Here is a link to their store. http://stores.ebay.com/skidloader-graveyard

OP
OP
Jeffscarstrucks

Jeffscarstrucks

You can check with the skidloader graveyard on ebay. They normally keep a few parts in stock from what I can tell. Here is a link to their store. http://stores.ebay.com/skidloader-graveyard
Hi, I tried them tonight after I saw your post but didn't have any luck. I will try to contact them during the week. Thanks, JEFF

pondfishr

You can try:
M and N Sales
Schaefer Enterprises
Wengers
I looked on Ebay for the skidloader grave yard and they currently don't have any parts listed. They do have a contact number listed for Hess Bros. 574-831-4871

perry

I looked on Ebay for the skidloader grave yard and they currently don't have any parts listed. They do have a contact number listed for Hess Bros. 574-831-4871
If it wasn't so expensive to ship down and out skid steers, someone could have a gold mine, if that same person would set up say...4-5 yards around the US and Canada, he would have a gold mine.

OP
OP
Jeffscarstrucks

Jeffscarstrucks

If it wasn't so expensive to ship down and out skid steers, someone could have a gold mine, if that same person would set up say...4-5 yards around the US and Canada, he would have a gold mine.
Hey Pond, Thanks for the number and I am going to try all of the above sources as soon as I can, (friday?). I think the salvage business for skidsteers is slim because they are pretty used up as most commercial tools are when they are operated by non owners. The group here is probably not the typical operator as we actually DO care and are interested in the way these machines operate as well as their actual use as tools(not to mention owning). A subject for a whole new topic I guess! Thanks again, JEFF

pondfishr

Hey Pond, Thanks for the number and I am going to try all of the above sources as soon as I can, (friday?). I think the salvage business for skidsteers is slim because they are pretty used up as most commercial tools are when they are operated by non owners. The group here is probably not the typical operator as we actually DO care and are interested in the way these machines operate as well as their actual use as tools(not to mention owning). A subject for a whole new topic I guess! Thanks again, JEFF
Good luck in your search. I am looking for the front lift arm assembly for my 743. When I bought it it had a steel plate welded in the middle between the lifts. It works flawlessly but I would like to return it to its original look so I don;t have to worry about it breaking and taking out the hydraulic lift arm tubes. If anyone knows where I can find a reasonably priced front lift assembly please let me know.

Centurion

Good luck in your search. I am looking for the front lift arm assembly for my 743. When I bought it it had a steel plate welded in the middle between the lifts. It works flawlessly but I would like to return it to its original look so I don;t have to worry about it breaking and taking out the hydraulic lift arm tubes. If anyone knows where I can find a reasonably priced front lift assembly please let me know.
If you find someplace, please let me know. I need to find a new tilt cylinder for my 1988 743

Centurion

Centurion, Is your tilt cylinder so bad you can't have it rebuilt?.
that's right, the shaft actually broke inside the cylinder. There is a part left inside that they cannot get out. Hopefully I can find a used one, then try to work on the old one myself.

skidsteer.ca

that's right, the shaft actually broke inside the cylinder. There is a part left inside that they cannot get out. Hopefully I can find a used one, then try to work on the old one myself.
I don't understand, they can't get the gland nut unthreaded from the barrel of the cylinder. It should only need a new rod made and the cylinder re packed. About 250 to 300 at local machine shop.
Ken

Centurion

I don't understand, they can't get the gland nut unthreaded from the barrel of the cylinder. It should only need a new rod made and the cylinder re packed. About 250 to 300 at local machine shop.
Ken
cylinder is apart, the rod broke inside the cylinder and a piece is stuck all the way in the bottom odf the tube.

OP
OP
Jeffscarstrucks

Jeffscarstrucks

cylinder is apart, the rod broke inside the cylinder and a piece is stuck all the way in the bottom odf the tube.
Thanks, I did try Schafers and Wengers, No luck but I did get more numbers to try from the guy at Wengers. Iam waiting for a guy in Texas to get back to me. It looks like I'll have a little time to look while I figure out a couple of other goofy problems. Thanks, Jeff

TriHonu

Thanks, I did try Schafers and Wengers, No luck but I did get more numbers to try from the guy at Wengers. Iam waiting for a guy in Texas to get back to me. It looks like I'll have a little time to look while I figure out a couple of other goofy problems. Thanks, Jeff
Pony Up... Who is this guy in Texas and what is the contact information?
We really should keep these references in one place. I wonder if one of the moderators would volunteer to keep a list updated in the Salvage and Parts area?

OP
OP
Jeffscarstrucks

Jeffscarstrucks

Pony Up... Who is this guy in Texas and what is the contact information?
We really should keep these references in one place. I wonder if one of the moderators would volunteer to keep a list updated in the Salvage and Parts area?
I had to call and hear the message to get the name...Conroe Truck and Tractor, 800 895 7209. I will let you know after I talk to them again if they are really a resource or not. JEFF

TriHonu

I had to call and hear the message to get the name...Conroe Truck and Tractor, 800 895 7209. I will let you know after I talk to them again if they are really a resource or not. JEFF
Here is another:
HESS BROS. LLC
67443 C.R. 13
GOSHEN, IN. 46526
PHONE 574-831-4871
E-Mail: [email protected]

Salvage yard for Skid loaders, all make and models (engines, Hydros, axels, booms, cylinders, complete units).

TriHonu

Here is another:
HESS BROS. LLC
67443 C.R. 13
GOSHEN, IN. 46526
PHONE 574-831-4871
E-Mail: [email protected]

Salvage yard for Skid loaders, all make and models (engines, Hydros, axels, booms, cylinders, complete units).
Here is another I just read about with a good review:
Buddy's Service & Supply Co.
10 Old Highway 13
Milnor, ND 58060

701-427-5460
Fax 1 800 340 2101

dfriend

Here is another I just read about with a good review:
Buddy's Service & Supply Co.
10 Old Highway 13
Milnor, ND 58060

701-427-5460
Fax 1 800 340 2101
There is also a site called usedloaderparts.com, I bought a used lift cylinder from them. So far so good.