s530: bobcat pintle arm seals leak under the steering levers connection

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mauro70

Hello There, Thank you everyone for all your time and effort. I am having a leak that after washing the unit, and filling the hydraulic tank to level, it leaks under the pintle arm seals that the steering levers connect to; I just purchased the manual hoping that it might help, but they have this repair with the whole pump removed from the machine. Could this be done easily, since there is no much room in there? Also, would just the seal and o-ring be the issue? or could it be a worn shaft or over pressure? Any info would be appreciated. thank you

Tazza

Staff member
Strange that it's leaking on such a new machine, but not unheard of. I have done them on an S250 before, nt heaps of space but doable. The pintle arms stick upright don't they? I'm assuming it's a vickers pump like the older style machines. If so, here is what i did:
I have seen cable ties used to compress the centering spring, they are horrible to get back on with just one set of hands as it needs to be compressed to get the nut on. Remove the bolt for the spring, remove the centering plate, then the linkages to the steering levers. Remove the pintle seal cover and replace the seal and Oring, replace the other goodies and it should be that easy.
The seal should pop out of the plate, so no new plates are needed to do the job. Seal kits are available from Bobcat or loader parts source online.

Latest posts