S300 Wear Parts and Maintenance

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jwetsit

I have an 04 S300 with roughly 2400 hours on it. It seems like my bobcat isn't that tight and smooth as it once was. Notice alot of loud banging when working with the bucket and especially when the arms are lowered all the way down, maybe this is normal, but I figured somebody on here could tell me either way. I have noticed that the bushings/pins for the bucket tilt have quite a bit of play in them and I want to replace these. What advice would you give me as far as the pins/bushings to replace and or any other items that I might check. thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Pins are easy to change, knock them out and knock new ones in. Some points have replaceable bushings. You will need to look to see what ones have these bushings, i don't know just what your machine has. I think the only ones are the lower pivot points on the bobtach, maybe the tilt ram eyes. Hopefully other members can confirm this.
When i replace pins, i knock the old pin out with the new one, this prevents the need to prop up the arm as it will drop when the pin gets knocked out. Give them a good grease afterwards too.