S250 fan rubbing on shroud

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tawilson1152

I have an s250 with 1200 hours on it. I've been hearing a rubbing noise when it is hot and tracked it down to the cooling fan rubbing on the shroud underneath it on the side towards the passenger compartment. I don't see anything visible wrong and the bolts holding the fan motor assembly are tight. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
T

tawilson1152

Upon further review, I believe the engine heat is causing the plastic shroud to bow up enough to rub on the fan. I can hear the fan kick on and off during normal operation, it's when operating at over 2000 rpm when the rubbing starts. I think I need to draw the shroud down with screw or bolt.

ZANMAN

Upon further review, I believe the engine heat is causing the plastic shroud to bow up enough to rub on the fan. I can hear the fan kick on and off during normal operation, it's when operating at over 2000 rpm when the rubbing starts. I think I need to draw the shroud down with screw or bolt.
COULD BE BAD BEARINGS ON THE FAN DRIVE, I HAVE NEVER SEEN A SHROUD WARP.

OP
OP
T

tawilson1152

COULD BE BAD BEARINGS ON THE FAN DRIVE, I HAVE NEVER SEEN A SHROUD WARP.
Could be right. I put a couple of screws in it and it stopped it for now. I don't see any wobble or play on the fan. I wish it was easier to get at. There are 2 screws in the grill on each side that were put in before the assembly. I might try to invent something.

ZANMAN

Could be right. I put a couple of screws in it and it stopped it for now. I don't see any wobble or play on the fan. I wish it was easier to get at. There are 2 screws in the grill on each side that were put in before the assembly. I might try to invent something.
Did you have the hyd. drive fan? I think I seen a service bulletin on the spacers inside the fan shround, they need to be updated to the fatter, newer style ones, this kit may be free from bobcat, check with them with your serial number.

OP
OP
T

tawilson1152

Did you have the hyd. drive fan? I think I seen a service bulletin on the spacers inside the fan shround, they need to be updated to the fatter, newer style ones, this kit may be free from bobcat, check with them with your serial number.
Is there anywhere online I can check out Bobcat service bulletins? And the shroud rubbing hasn't reoccurred.