S250 Display wont power up

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

JTISDALE23

my S250 does not have a key. I push the run/enter button the display lights up some relays click and the display powers down. already cleaned all my grounds at the battery and rear frame, cleaned the positive battery post. if I hold down the button for a few seconds i get on the lower left of the screen a logo with B a right arrow D and below the letters the symbol !. not sure if that is some sort of error code. if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

brdgbldr

You need to retrieve the error codes from the screen on the left side.

Not sure of the S250, but on a lot of machines, press and hold the lights button for 2 seconds until the codes appear. If there is more than one code it will scroll through them.

OP
OP
J

JTISDALE23

You need to retrieve the error codes from the screen on the left side.

Not sure of the S250, but on a lot of machines, press and hold the lights button for 2 seconds until the codes appear. If there is more than one code it will scroll through them.
I tried the light button along with all the other buttons available and none will display a error code. It does however light up the right display if I hold the light button down and shoes the image I described in the first post. The b right arrow d and below that a !

brdgbldr

I tried the light button along with all the other buttons available and none will display a error code. It does however light up the right display if I hold the light button down and shoes the image I described in the first post. The b right arrow d and below that a !
I have never seen this before. Those are not icons that show problems. It's like the screen is stuck on a partial menu screen. You may have a controller problem. The only time I know of a right arrow coming up is when it points at a button to choose a menu option.

Could you take a photo of the screen?

You may want to start looking for a short or loose connection in your wiring.

OP
OP
J

JTISDALE23

Here is the image on the display

Attachments

• 20221010_112144.jpg
    20221010_112144.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 88

reaperman

Any error codes on that machine will show up on the display screen when the proper menu is selected. Since your screen isn't functioning its not possible to see any codes. Chances are there are no codes to display anyway. You need to trace the wires from the display screen. Its times like this where a simple key would be nice.

OP
OP
J

JTISDALE23

Okay. Does anyone have a pdf copy of the manual by chance? If not ill have to stop by the bobcat dealer and make the purchase.

OP
OP
J

JTISDALE23

Any error codes on that machine will show up on the display screen when the proper menu is selected. Since your screen isn't functioning its not possible to see any codes. Chances are there are no codes to display anyway. You need to trace the wires from the display screen. Its times like this where a simple key would be nice.
Do you know if I could just install a simply key panel instead of the keyless panel?

brdgbldr

Do you know if I could just install a simply key panel instead of the keyless panel?
Yes, you can install a keyed panel. But you may want to figure out if that panel is the problem first.

There is a video that shows switching to keyed but it looks like the deluxe panel needs to work in order to swap. Codes need to be entered.

ISOSCELL may be able to tell you what that icon means: https://www.isoscell.com/

I have looked all over and have not been able to find it. It is not in any of my manuals.

OP
OP
J

JTISDALE23

This isnwhat isocell gave me about the symbol. Still haven't found the issue. Checked resistance from control panel connectors to controller connector and they ohm out at about .09 ohms. Checked my power and grounds at the controller and my power and grounds are all fine. I'm thinking the controller is my issue.