s185 starts but wont stay running

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

procraneguy

we have a 2007 bobcat s185 w/ kubota v2003 motor in it. It will start and run for a couple seconds but shuts it self off. There is fresh fuel in it and a new fuel filter. I bleed the air out of the fuel system and I'm getting fuel up to the injectors and its feeding back through the return line. we did replace the fuel shut off solenoid last year but kinda leaning towards that again. any opinions? model #230318888

Bswwood

Do you have any codes? Does it shut off like you turn the key off or does it slowly die like it's running out of fuel? There's a few safeties on it that will shut it down, oil pressure, charge pressure. If you think is the fuel shut off solenoid just pull it out of the engine, start it, and see if it dies and watch the solenoid see if it drops out. if it continues to run you can just turn the key off and push the solenoid back in the hole and it'll shut the engine down

Tazza

Staff member
Do you have any codes? Does it shut off like you turn the key off or does it slowly die like it's running out of fuel? There's a few safeties on it that will shut it down, oil pressure, charge pressure. If you think is the fuel shut off solenoid just pull it out of the engine, start it, and see if it dies and watch the solenoid see if it drops out. if it continues to run you can just turn the key off and push the solenoid back in the hole and it'll shut the engine down
Running for only a few seconds makes me suspect the fuel shut off solenoid, if the hold coil is not working, it will start but when the pull coil de-enerizes it will shut off.

cinvest1

Running for only a few seconds makes me suspect the fuel shut off solenoid, if the hold coil is not working, it will start but when the pull coil de-enerizes it will shut off.
I have a similar problem T-190 starts runs from 10-20 minutes stops like the key is turned off, sometimes it immediately starts back up sometimes won't start till hours later. Runs great when it runs, no codes, all systems check ok, pressure etc.

Bswwood

I have a similar problem T-190 starts runs from 10-20 minutes stops like the key is turned off, sometimes it immediately starts back up sometimes won't start till hours later. Runs great when it runs, no codes, all systems check ok, pressure etc.
More than likely it's a bad cntroller on the T190. Remove left hand kick panel to gain access to the main controller start the machine and tap on the main controller itself I bet it will die on you. Common issue with the T190's.

cinvest1

More than likely it's a bad cntroller on the T190. Remove left hand kick panel to gain access to the main controller start the machine and tap on the main controller itself I bet it will die on you. Common issue with the T190's.
Thanks. Suspected as much. I thought the controller was on the top inside the cab. Anyway, seems like that controller is about $800. Does that sound right.

Bswwood

Thanks. Suspected as much. I thought the controller was on the top inside the cab. Anyway, seems like that controller is about $800. Does that sound right.
That's the one, and it will need to be programmed by your dealer.

Latest posts