Rubber Track Expectations

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rubbertrax

I work for Rubbertrax, Inc. and I am curious how Bobcat users feel about the life expectancy of the OEM rubber tracks on T 190, T 200 and T 300 machines versus the aftermarket options that exist on the market today. Rubbertrax, Inc. has been working very hard on a new T 190 track that we are releasing next month. We are trying to produce the most durable track as affordable as possible. We are working on the new warranty statement when we realized that many users are treating the machines as indestructible tanks. I'm looking for feedback on average number of hours versus working environments on OEM tracks and how the lifespan lives up to expectations of the users. Based on the results i'll post a thread on tread patterns as well. Thanks for your feedback, i look forward to hearing from you and hopefully saving you quite a bit of money on your rubber track purchases.

http://www.rubbertrax.com

siduramaxde

I'm in the corn belt of the country and I bought my machine used with 1600 hours on it. The tracks are the original straight bar bridestones and they have lots of rubber left on the traction side of the track, however, the rubber is pretty bad where the rollers ride on insde of the track. The machine is starting to ride pretty rough compared to a machine with newer tracks. My machine was used mosty in good black dirt (no rocks). the tracks also have some pretty big tears and cracks with 1 spot showing steel cable. So I want my next set of tracks to last 1600 hours!

OP
OP
rubbertrax

rubbertrax

I'm in the corn belt of the country and I bought my machine used with 1600 hours on it. The tracks are the original straight bar bridestones and they have lots of rubber left on the traction side of the track, however, the rubber is pretty bad where the rollers ride on insde of the track. The machine is starting to ride pretty rough compared to a machine with newer tracks. My machine was used mosty in good black dirt (no rocks). the tracks also have some pretty big tears and cracks with 1 spot showing steel cable. So I want my next set of tracks to last 1600 hours!
Sounds like you are in the perfect working conditions for your machine. 1600 hours is certainly getting your money worth out of the tracks. Most of the people I hear from get roughly half that. It sounds like you have taken good care of your machine. I saw your other post. If you get good response to your other post let me know and i'd be glad to get you some aftermarket tracks for much less than that dealer quote. Thanks for your time, I appreciate the feedback. I'm looking forward to the feedback on your other post as well.

Scott

Rubbertrax, Inc.

goodtech

Sounds like you are in the perfect working conditions for your machine. 1600 hours is certainly getting your money worth out of the tracks. Most of the people I hear from get roughly half that. It sounds like you have taken good care of your machine. I saw your other post. If you get good response to your other post let me know and i'd be glad to get you some aftermarket tracks for much less than that dealer quote. Thanks for your time, I appreciate the feedback. I'm looking forward to the feedback on your other post as well.

Scott

Rubbertrax, Inc.
All of the aftermarket tracks so far i have seen cannot hold up to the bobcat tracks, the metal bands on all the after markets have been splitting and the are having to warranty there tracks, and from what i have heard it has been hard for customers to do so, up to calling the big wiggs and causing drama.

OP
OP
rubbertrax

rubbertrax

All of the aftermarket tracks so far i have seen cannot hold up to the bobcat tracks, the metal bands on all the after markets have been splitting and the are having to warranty there tracks, and from what i have heard it has been hard for customers to do so, up to calling the big wiggs and causing drama.
There is some truth to that. Many companies attempted to produce aftermarket tracks without knowing what was necessary to make the track last. Many of those track companies are now out of business. The rumor is that all chinese tracks are weak and can't hold up in comparison. That has been true in several occassions but the truth is there are many many companies out there, most of which are in China, that are trying to improve the track to make a more affordable, yet successful aftermarket track. Sometimes deals are in fact too good to be true. In a race to sell the cheapest track, many of the companies have failed in the quality and customer service aspects. I can honestly tell you we aren't the cheapest track out there a majority of the time, but you most likely won't have a warranty dispute with us. Our only warranty situations where the customer leaves unhappy is when they don't understand that a worn out undercarriage causes a majority of the warranty claims we see. Many users don't understand how important it is to change sprockets often, usually at the same time you change the tracks for even wear. We have seen some unbelievable claims and statements, but almost every customer walks away satisfied. I'm sorry you had to deal with the drama, but hopefully in the long run the competition will bring a better product at a better price to the end user. We have already seen many improvements to tracks in the past few years. Look at the continuous steel cord, huge improvment to many tracks that were peeling apart at the overlap. Obviously prices have come down the past five years, so there is some benefit, even if it was a struggle to get to this point. Hang in there, and don't give up on the aftermarkets. I feel very stongly that i have a product that is competitive with the OEM, at a reasonable price. I would be glad to match any warranty from Bobcat on our tracks, but as many of you have seen the warranty statement changes so frequently it is hard to keep up with it. let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything I can do to improve your outlook on aftermarket tracks.

goodtech

There is some truth to that. Many companies attempted to produce aftermarket tracks without knowing what was necessary to make the track last. Many of those track companies are now out of business. The rumor is that all chinese tracks are weak and can't hold up in comparison. That has been true in several occassions but the truth is there are many many companies out there, most of which are in China, that are trying to improve the track to make a more affordable, yet successful aftermarket track. Sometimes deals are in fact too good to be true. In a race to sell the cheapest track, many of the companies have failed in the quality and customer service aspects. I can honestly tell you we aren't the cheapest track out there a majority of the time, but you most likely won't have a warranty dispute with us. Our only warranty situations where the customer leaves unhappy is when they don't understand that a worn out undercarriage causes a majority of the warranty claims we see. Many users don't understand how important it is to change sprockets often, usually at the same time you change the tracks for even wear. We have seen some unbelievable claims and statements, but almost every customer walks away satisfied. I'm sorry you had to deal with the drama, but hopefully in the long run the competition will bring a better product at a better price to the end user. We have already seen many improvements to tracks in the past few years. Look at the continuous steel cord, huge improvment to many tracks that were peeling apart at the overlap. Obviously prices have come down the past five years, so there is some benefit, even if it was a struggle to get to this point. Hang in there, and don't give up on the aftermarkets. I feel very stongly that i have a product that is competitive with the OEM, at a reasonable price. I would be glad to match any warranty from Bobcat on our tracks, but as many of you have seen the warranty statement changes so frequently it is hard to keep up with it. let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything I can do to improve your outlook on aftermarket tracks.
Yes I have seen some unbelievable claims on tracks also. So what is your average life expectancy on your tracks before they start to head south? Yes tracks have improved greatly in the past five years and the price is has came down. But you also have to remember most of these people that own these machines just don't have $4,000 to throw down on a pair of tracks, then turn around have to buy new sprockets to keep there warranty on the aftermarket tracks. Usually if the customer can keep the sprocket flipped they are getting through two pair of tracks before they have to replace the sprocket. I just love all the little wording that these aftermarket tracks have on the back of there warranty, it is pathetic. Guys watch who you buy your tracks from, you may save a 1000, but when they fall apart in 500 hrs and you can't claim a warranty on them, you didn't save at all. They have you right you they want you...... buying a new track

OP
OP
rubbertrax

rubbertrax

Yes I have seen some unbelievable claims on tracks also. So what is your average life expectancy on your tracks before they start to head south? Yes tracks have improved greatly in the past five years and the price is has came down. But you also have to remember most of these people that own these machines just don't have $4,000 to throw down on a pair of tracks, then turn around have to buy new sprockets to keep there warranty on the aftermarket tracks. Usually if the customer can keep the sprocket flipped they are getting through two pair of tracks before they have to replace the sprocket. I just love all the little wording that these aftermarket tracks have on the back of there warranty, it is pathetic. Guys watch who you buy your tracks from, you may save a 1000, but when they fall apart in 500 hrs and you can't claim a warranty on them, you didn't save at all. They have you right you they want you...... buying a new track
Wow, sounds like you have been burned. I don't blame you for being upset. Hopefully users are building the cost of the maintenance into what they are charging for hourly work. I understand it is a huge cost and it sounds like many people are not being treated fairly. I was under the impression from the bobcat manuals that you are supposed to rotate the sprockets every certain amount of hours for even wear. Flipping them around after one side is worn out would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? The idea is even wear between the sprocket and track, but flipping it would be like putting new sprockets on an old track? I don't know, I'd have to defer to the manual for the specific machine, but when you are talking about this much money invested it would be a good idea to research it. Basically the sprocket wear relates to ripping the metal bars out of the center of the track. If the sprockets are worn out it will cause uneven wear on the metal links and eventually break a link or two out and then from there you would most likley break several out at once. If the track splits in two, that's a different story. You wouldn't get much argument out of me unless it was abused by jumping over curbs and not adjusted correctly. I have no problem admitting when we have a warranty problem, I just hate to see it. Word spreads quickly and all you have in business is your reputation. I don't want to continue rambling in this message board, my intent wasn't a sales pitch, just gathering info. please continue to post if you have any questions, but if there is anything i can do to help you feel free to email me at [email protected] and i'll help you out. I appreciate all the feedback and hopefully we can all learn from each other's posts. Thanks again

goodtech

Wow, sounds like you have been burned. I don't blame you for being upset. Hopefully users are building the cost of the maintenance into what they are charging for hourly work. I understand it is a huge cost and it sounds like many people are not being treated fairly. I was under the impression from the bobcat manuals that you are supposed to rotate the sprockets every certain amount of hours for even wear. Flipping them around after one side is worn out would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? The idea is even wear between the sprocket and track, but flipping it would be like putting new sprockets on an old track? I don't know, I'd have to defer to the manual for the specific machine, but when you are talking about this much money invested it would be a good idea to research it. Basically the sprocket wear relates to ripping the metal bars out of the center of the track. If the sprockets are worn out it will cause uneven wear on the metal links and eventually break a link or two out and then from there you would most likley break several out at once. If the track splits in two, that's a different story. You wouldn't get much argument out of me unless it was abused by jumping over curbs and not adjusted correctly. I have no problem admitting when we have a warranty problem, I just hate to see it. Word spreads quickly and all you have in business is your reputation. I don't want to continue rambling in this message board, my intent wasn't a sales pitch, just gathering info. please continue to post if you have any questions, but if there is anything i can do to help you feel free to email me at [email protected] and i'll help you out. I appreciate all the feedback and hopefully we can all learn from each other's posts. Thanks again
I haven't been burnt, just have scene many customers been burnt. You make one good thing happen on abobcat you usually get one more guy with them, you piss off one and you loose 5, it is a small world in these things