rock / skeleton bucket advice ??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

vic3500

I have some real rocky ground that i need to prep for grass. Probably about 1/4 acre, but lots of rock! I've saved up and I wanna buy a rock bucket. Looking for advice regarding design. The main variables Ive seen are tine spacing, round versus flat tines, and solid or tined rear end. I realize im probably looking at 2-3 inches for spacing based on the rocks Ive got. Anybody here have any experience with these buckets and can give me advice? Particularly whether the solid back or tined back works better, or material falling back on the machine etc?? Thanks

OP
OP
V

vic3500

bump ?? Anybody used these things before. Seems like they are for sale everywhere. Couldnt find more than a couple videos of them in us. Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
bump ?? Anybody used these things before. Seems like they are for sale everywhere. Couldnt find more than a couple videos of them in us. Thanks
Never used one, but as long as the spacing is small enough it should be ok.

donald73d

Thanks for the reply. Hoping others will chime in esp regarding the open or closed back end thats my main concern
Your 1/4 acre is not all that much. I think you should use a york rake. A harley rake in addition may help.

OP
OP
V

vic3500

Your 1/4 acre is not all that much. I think you should use a york rake. A harley rake in addition may help.
Thanks for all the advice. I think the rake might work for my site prep, but i got about 50-75 yards of loose material i might benefit from sifting through as well. Sorry i didn't mention that originally. Either way, i went ahead and ordered the rock bucket...got a good deal. I'll post back when i get it.