Relief plenishing valve on S250 on hydrostatic pump

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bertdownton

Good day all, need to check the hydraulic relief/replenishing valves on a S250 bobcat, 2 speed unit, I know they are inside the main hydrostic pump, can they be removed or checked with the valve still on the skidsteeror does the valve need to be removed as it is a major job, I would appreciate some direction, thanks

Tazza

Staff member
I have never done it, but from memory, the valves are screwed in from the top..... Look for plugs with an allen head in them. Hopefully it can be done without removing the pump.

OP
OP
B

Bertdownton

I have never done it, but from memory, the valves are screwed in from the top..... Look for plugs with an allen head in them. Hopefully it can be done without removing the pump.
Had a good look, the main valve has to come out, you are correct, there are 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom, nasty job, I will tackle it next weekend

7LBSSMALLIE

Had a good look, the main valve has to come out, you are correct, there are 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom, nasty job, I will tackle it next weekend
rarely do they fail. whats youre symptom? weak drive one side one direction? they can be swapped to see if problem moves. but I strongly doubt its a relief replenish. and there are much eiser ways to go about troubleshoot.

OP
OP
B

Bertdownton

rarely do they fail. whats youre symptom? weak drive one side one direction? they can be swapped to see if problem moves. but I strongly doubt its a relief replenish. and there are much eiser ways to go about troubleshoot.
The pump is off and I have ordered the valves anyway, the symptoms are not reversing when pulling right lever back, , we have replaced the 2 speed hydraulic motor as the internal drive had broken and bypassing, so we then removed hydrostatic main valve and stripped cleaned and replacing replenishing valves, just waiting for parts, let me know what you think it is then please?

7LBSSMALLIE

The pump is off and I have ordered the valves anyway, the symptoms are not reversing when pulling right lever back, , we have replaced the 2 speed hydraulic motor as the internal drive had broken and bypassing, so we then removed hydrostatic main valve and stripped cleaned and replacing replenishing valves, just waiting for parts, let me know what you think it is then please?
curios is problem resolved. think you went too deep? but thathts just me. idealy cap off stat . will eng go to stall when loaded. both sides both directions. if so aint in stat. its in motors.

OP
OP
B

Bertdownton

curios is problem resolved. think you went too deep? but thathts just me. idealy cap off stat . will eng go to stall when loaded. both sides both directions. if so aint in stat. its in motors.
Ok, finally got back together, the machine now goes backwards and forwards but when you pull right lever back it wants to turn to the right, I believe it is just adjustment, motors does not want to stall, & what do you call a stat ? Do you have an adjustment guide to make sure it's done correctly? The bobcat goes backwards nice but you have to use both levers to do it.