Rear scarifier operation

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Melroem610

I purchased a rear mounted rear scarifier for my Melroe/Bobcat M610. I have it mounted, but I cannot get it to go up and down. The machine has hydraulic hoses on the machine that plug into the hoses on the scarifier attachment. It goes down ,but it will not go up. Any help would be appreciated.

6brnorma

Two of our 610s have the same problem with the 5th wheel attachment. We have found that if you activate the variable speed sheave at the same time as you lift the scarifier attachment *maybe* it will come up. See if it works for you.

OP
OP
M

Melroem610

Two of our 610s have the same problem with the 5th wheel attachment. We have found that if you activate the variable speed sheave at the same time as you lift the scarifier attachment *maybe* it will come up. See if it works for you.
Thanks for the advice, but this does not work either. It seems like there is not enough pressure to lift it.

6brnorma

Thanks for the advice, but this does not work either. It seems like there is not enough pressure to lift it.
OK….Worth a try. I am far from a hydraulics expert so maybe someone who is can stop by and help. At this point it can be a number of things so I would try to start tracking it down…..check to see that you are getting pressure to the cylinder and work back through pressure relief valves to the valve itself. If you can lift a bucket of dirt then you know the pump is working well enough to lift the scarifier.