Re-Programming of Fuel Injectors 2014 S650

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Skidmarx326

I was running skid steer today, and at one point I got a E001613-04 telling me there is a fault on injector 2 & 3. Fine. Then I looked for new injectors, at a cost of $800/ piece. Before I drop $1,600 on new injectors I wanted to find out if it was worth time invested to pull injectors 2 and 3 and test them to verify before spending $1600. If I do pull these, will I still need programming if I re-use? Maybe this is obvious to somebody but diesel mechanics is not my specialty. Appreciate any input in advance.

Phil314

You can pull them and have them tested. If they test good, you can just put them back in. No programming needed.
You'll only need to program if you buy new injectors.

Tazza

Staff member
I'd like to hear how this works out, i am unsure if the ECU can re-tune its self automatically when new injectors are installed, or if you need to do a special procedure to make it do it.

Phil314

I'd like to hear how this works out, i am unsure if the ECU can re-tune its self automatically when new injectors are installed, or if you need to do a special procedure to make it do it.
The doosan CR engine will still start & run with new injectors, but it does not re-tune itself automatically.
But for proper running, it should to be reprogrammed shortly after the injectors are installed.