rates for 2016

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

destro

Just wondering what contracters are charging for there skidsteers... I have a A770 bobcat and charging $85.00 pr hr. in Fort st. James B.C.

SkidRoe

Sounds fair.
My machine is smaller. I charge $75/hr with a $150 minimum.
Cheers - SR

mmsllc

Sounds fair.
My machine is smaller. I charge $75/hr with a $150 minimum.
Cheers - SR
I think that $85 per hour sounds pretty fair. It looks as if you have a NICE machine. I would encourage you to charge 2 or 3 hours as a minimum, despite how fast you can do the jobs. That will help you make money & help save up for repair bills, too. You can also charge even more money depending on how many attachments you have & what job you are doing with your machine, too.

reaperman

I'd think you could pull in a bit more $$$ than what you are. Your in Canada, I'd guess fuel costs almost double than the $2.25/gallon (on road diesel) we are paying here. Off road fuel rates are approx. 50 cents less per gallon than road fuel. I would think your machine being a 770 is pretty thirsty much like the T750 we have at work. I've always been under the impression things in Canada are more expensive overall compared to the lower 48, including bobcat parts . If your moving snow during the winter like I think you are, you should be charging a winter rate. We are getting $125/hr for skidsteers regardless of size. But we are a decent size excavating company and most of our work is bid out on larger projects. Compared to a owner operator we need to charge more. Unless there is a lot of competition in your area and fuel prices being what they are I wouldn't be afraid to push the $100 needle. Or stay just under the 100 dollar mark it may sound better. But for pushing snow I wouldn't go out for under at least $125, there are very few machines that can plow snow more efficiently and quickly than the skidsteer, especially a large unit like yours, provided you have a snow bucket.

bobbie-g

I'd think you could pull in a bit more $$$ than what you are. Your in Canada, I'd guess fuel costs almost double than the $2.25/gallon (on road diesel) we are paying here. Off road fuel rates are approx. 50 cents less per gallon than road fuel. I would think your machine being a 770 is pretty thirsty much like the T750 we have at work. I've always been under the impression things in Canada are more expensive overall compared to the lower 48, including bobcat parts . If your moving snow during the winter like I think you are, you should be charging a winter rate. We are getting $125/hr for skidsteers regardless of size. But we are a decent size excavating company and most of our work is bid out on larger projects. Compared to a owner operator we need to charge more. Unless there is a lot of competition in your area and fuel prices being what they are I wouldn't be afraid to push the $100 needle. Or stay just under the 100 dollar mark it may sound better. But for pushing snow I wouldn't go out for under at least $125, there are very few machines that can plow snow more efficiently and quickly than the skidsteer, especially a large unit like yours, provided you have a snow bucket.
I have an 863. With mower, I charge $85/hr. With bucket, $75. $50 travel cost if I have to haul it for more than a few miles. :) ---Bobbie-G