Quick attach pivot pin removal

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

655mac

My quick attach plate has finally broken completely in half,so removal was pretty simple.My question is, can the pivot pins be removed so I can get the plate rebuilt & put it back on without hauling the machine to the welder?Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Sure can.
Pull the pin from the end of the tilt cylinder, support the bobtach as it leans forward.
Remove the grease nipples on the Bobtach plate, un-do the 2 bolts a few turns, smack the head with a copper hammer till it pops in, finish winding the bolt out then use the bolt to push the pin in wards till the bobtach falls down. Be careful not to hit the bolt too hard when the bolt is not screwed in as you don't want to damage the threads, if you need to hit it hard, screw the bolt in a few turns so the threads won't be damaged.
I hope that made a little sense....

perry

Sure can.
Pull the pin from the end of the tilt cylinder, support the bobtach as it leans forward.
Remove the grease nipples on the Bobtach plate, un-do the 2 bolts a few turns, smack the head with a copper hammer till it pops in, finish winding the bolt out then use the bolt to push the pin in wards till the bobtach falls down. Be careful not to hit the bolt too hard when the bolt is not screwed in as you don't want to damage the threads, if you need to hit it hard, screw the bolt in a few turns so the threads won't be damaged.
I hope that made a little sense....
665, Tazza explained that procedure,,,,perfectly.
I can't imagine a quick attach plate breaking in half??. Can you post a picture?.

Tazza

Staff member
665, Tazza explained that procedure,,,,perfectly.
I can't imagine a quick attach plate breaking in half??. Can you post a picture?.
My 731 was almost in 2 pieces when i bought it actually. Think of the bobtach looking like a H, it broke the welds on one side where the bobtach levers are housed in. Hard to explain but where the rectangular tube that the ram pivots on met the part with the bobtach levers fit, it cracked rite down the side there, it was so bad that it needed to be pulled back straight to weld.

skidsteer.ca

My 731 was almost in 2 pieces when i bought it actually. Think of the bobtach looking like a H, it broke the welds on one side where the bobtach levers are housed in. Hard to explain but where the rectangular tube that the ram pivots on met the part with the bobtach levers fit, it cracked rite down the side there, it was so bad that it needed to be pulled back straight to weld.
The older ones were not built quite as strong imo. I could see how that could happen as there is really only one box iron that goes from side to side.
Ken