question about cutting edge

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

[email protected]

my 643 came with a 6' snow bucket. it has a weld on cutting edge, and it's worn out. can i drill holes and install the bolt on style or do i have to cut it off and reweld?

reaperman

I dont know why you would have to cut off the old weld, its time tested if it's wore down. A lot less work to simply drill holes. But a new cutting edge usually comes with carriage bolts, not sure how you intend on squaring the holes. I'm about to start a similar project. My 8' snow bucket also has a welded on cutting edge. And I'm going to weld a worn out cutting edge from a road grader onto the existing edge. The wore out edge is about the same size as a new bobcat cutting edge but I got it free at work.

OP
OP
T

[email protected]

I dont know why you would have to cut off the old weld, its time tested if it's wore down. A lot less work to simply drill holes. But a new cutting edge usually comes with carriage bolts, not sure how you intend on squaring the holes. I'm about to start a similar project. My 8' snow bucket also has a welded on cutting edge. And I'm going to weld a worn out cutting edge from a road grader onto the existing edge. The wore out edge is about the same size as a new bobcat cutting edge but I got it free at work.
i think the cutting edge is squared from underneath, and the threaded end sticks up. at least thats how mine is.

Latest posts